List of objects in the DC Universe
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Book of Eternity (comics))
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2011)|
A list of fictional objects and materials existing in the DC Universe.
- The Absorbascon: Thanagarian device used by Hawkman and Hawkwoman to learn Earth's languages.
- Apokolips Armor: Apokolips technology worn by Steel, Superman (Elseworlds) and Rocket Red.
- Astro-Harness: Worn by Orion to create the Astro-Force.
- Astro-Discs: Discs wielded by Big Barda.
- The Birthing Matrix: Held Kal-El's embryonic form, sent to Earth by his father, Jor-El.[dated info]
- Boom tube: Interdimensional means of transport used by the New Gods.
- The Claw of Horus: A gauntlet of Nth metal wielded by Hawkman.
- The Cosmic Egg: Came into being after the JLA and the Avengers defeated Krona --speculated to give birth to another universe.
- The Emerald Eye of Ekron: A powerful disembodied eye once wielded by the Green Lantern Ekron; later used by the Emerald Empress.
- Entropy Aegis: A suit made of Apokoliptian technology used by Steel in fight with the Imperiex probes.
- The Gamma Gong: A vibratory weapon used by the warlord Kanjar Ro.
- Green Lantern's Power Battery: Provides energy for his Power Ring.
- The Mobius Chair: A device of infinite power which can traverse space and time.
- Mother Boxes: Portable computers that connect the New Gods to The Source.
- The Phantom Zone Projector: A Kryptonian weapon used to banish criminals to a prison dimension.
- The Power Ring: A ring enabled by the Green Lantern's power battery. (see above)
- Omega Rod: A rod wielded by Big Barda of the New Gods.
- Radiotron: A Thanagarian invention by Katar Hol that detects radiation.
- The Scepter of State: An alien staff controlled by opposing factions during the Martian civil war on Mars.
- The Star-Sapphire: Used by the Zamarons to empower and brainwash their champion—enemy of Green Lantern Hal Jordan.
- The Super-Cycle: A floating three-wheeler used by the Forever People (and for a short time, by Young Justice).
- The Worlogog: Complete map of the entire space-time continuum, held by Metron of the New Gods
- The Yellow Power Ring: Crafted by the Weaponers of Qward, worn by the Sinestro Corps.
- Zeta Beam: Teleportation device from Rann.
(Powers which use scientific elements)
- Astro-Force: Used by the New Gods.
- Lava Blasts: Lava powers used by Geo-Force.
- Infinity-Beams: Energy beams used by Infinity-Man through his hands.
- Heat Vision: Laser vision used by Superman.
- Omega Effect: Anti-matter energy beams used by Darkseid through his eyes.
- Quantum Field Manipulation: Atomic energy conducted by Captain Atom.
- Scarabaeus: Mystic artifact and power source for the Scarab.
- Speed Force: Mystical field tapped into by the speedsters in the DC Universe.
- Star Bolts: Energy bolts shot from Starfire's fists.
- X-element: Material used to power Boom tubes.
- The Amulet of Anubis: Worn by Doctor Fate.
- The Black Diamond: A black Apokoliptian crystal connected to Eclipso.
- The Book of Destiny: Tome carried by Destiny of the Endless which contains the past, present, and future.
- The Book of Eternity: A powerful spellbook of enchantment written by Merlin. The Book of Eternity contains the story of existence, giving the controller vast magical powers. It first appeared in The Demon vol. 1 #1 (August 1972), and was created by Jack Kirby.
- Bracelets of the Aegis : Or the Silver Bracelets of Victory are magical cuffs used by Wonder Woman.
- The Cloak of Destiny: Cloak worn by Doctor Fate.
- The Gauntlet of Atlas: Briefly worn by Wonder Woman.
- The Green Bell of Uthool, Silver Wheel of Nyorlath, and Red Jar of Calythos: Used together to summon the Demons Three.
- The Helm of Nabu: Also worn by Doctor Fate.
- Idol-Head of Diabolu: Ancient artifact and Time Capsule from Mars which gives ordinary people powers.
- The Ibis-Stick: A magical staff wielded by Ibis the Invincible.
- The Lasso of Truth: Also called the Golden Lasso or Lasso of Hestia, used by Wonder Woman.
- The Lost scrolls of Herculaneum:
- The Materioptikon: Weapon of Doctor Destiny, powered by the Dreamstone of Morpheus, capable of warping reality with the power of dreams.
- The Medusa Mask: Grants the ability to project emotions to others, the power source for the second Psycho Pirate.
- Mystical Lantern: Grants powers to the hero Jack O'Lantern.
- The Necronomicon: The ultimate book of black magic, and the source of Felix Faust's power.
- The Night Sword: AKA the Sword of Night, can deflect magic. The main weapon used by Nightmaster.
- The Orb of Ra: The heart of the Egyptian God Ra, source of Metamorpho's powers.
- The Philosopher's Stone: A magical stone used by Merlin to change Jason Blood into Etrigan and later used as the primary weapon for Doctor Alchemy.
- Pierre Menard's 'Don Quixote:
- The Ruby of Life: Power source of Sargon the Sorcerer.
- The Sandals of Hermes: Briefly worn by Wonder Woman.
- The Scarab: Empowered the first and current Blue Beetles.
- The Spear of Destiny: Weapon that pierced Christ on the cross, once used by Hitler to prevent superheroes from invading World War II-era Germany.
- The Starheart: Source of the Green Flame, contained within Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern.
- The Symbol of the Seven: A talisman wielded by Doctor Occult.
- The Tantu Totem: Talisman that links the heroine Vixen to all animal life.
- The Trident of Lucifer: A weapon currently carried by the Blue Devil.
- Kryptonite: The irradiated remains of the planet Krypton.
- The Lazarus Pits: Alchemical pools used by Ra's al Ghul to extend his life.
- Flame of Py'tar: A mystical source of power in the heart of the planet Kalanor.
- Nth Metal: Native to Thanagar. A magical alloy which manipulates the four fundamental forces.
- Promethium: A super-strong metal used for making Cyborg's armor and Deathstroke's staff.
- Radion: A toxic substance which affects the New Gods.
Drugs and chemicals
Main article: List of comic book drugs § DC_Comics
- Gingold: The concentrated extract of the Gingo fruit that gives Elongated Man his stretching powers.
- Krotan: A shapeshifting drug.
- Joker Toxin: A chemical compound used specifically by Joker.
- Miraclo: The chemical compound developed by Rex Tyler that gives him superpowers for one hour.
- Super Vitamins: A super-power enhancement pill.
- Titan Formula: A chemical formula created by the Joker which combines Joker Toxin with the super-drug Venom.
- Venom: A dangerous super-steroid once used by Bane.
- Velocity 9: A dangerous super-speed drug developed by Vandal Savage.
- Legion Flight Ring: Standard-issue devices worn by the Legion of Superheroes.
- Skeets: The tiny, hovering robotic companion of Booster Gold.
- The Timeship: A vehicle for traversing the Timestream, piloted by the android Hourman.
- The Toastmasters: BG-60 Guns created by ArmerTek Industries.
- The Aerie One: Personal aircraft of the Birds of Prey.
- The Aerie Two: Helicopter used by the Birds of Prey.
- The Arrowcar: Former vehicle of Green Arrow.
- Brainiac's Star Ship: Later called his Head Ship, a ship used by Brainiac with tentacles and in the shape of a skull.
- The Batboat: Batman's mode of water-based transportation.
- The Batcycle: A specialized motor-cycle used by Batman.
- The Batmobile: Batman's primary method of transportation.
- The Batplane: Batman's airborne method of transportation.
- The Bug: Blue Beetle's method of transportation.
- The Invisible Plane: Wonder Woman's shape-shifting invisible jet.
- The Pax Romana: Alien spaceship used by Alpha Centurion.
- The Redbird: Robin's vehicle of transportation.
- Steel Eagle:JSA airplane constructed by Ted Knight.
- The Sunrider: Spaceship used by the Starhunters.
- The Timesphere: A time-traveling device used by Rip Hunter and his agent Booster Gold.
- The Whiz Wagon: A multi-terrain vehicle used by the Newsboy Legion.
- Adam Strange's Ray Gun: A specialized ray gun developed by the people of Rann. Possesses multiple functions.
- Batarangs: A specialized boomerang used by Batman.
- Deathstroke's Staff: A staff and a type of bazooka carried by Deathstroke the terminator.
- Lobo's Chain and Hook: Main weapon used by Lobo.
- Kryptonite Ray Emitter: Used with multiple projectiles in Lex Luthor's devices.
- Sword of Beowulf: Used by a version of Beowulf in DC Comics and most recently by the super-villain Harm in the Young Justice cartoon.
- Nth Metal Mace: Used by the Hawk family, Was a mace constructed of thangarian nth metal. Had anti-magic capabilities and an electric core.
- Cosmic Rod: Main weapon used by Big Barda.
- Adam Strange's Jet Pack: A specialized jet pack developed by the people of Rann.
- The Batcomputer: A powerful supercomputer used by Batman.
- The Bat-Signal: A spotlight used by the Gotham City Police Department to summon Batman.
- Batman Battle-armor: A range of suits fit for certain scenarios.
- The Bio-Belt: A device powered by white-dwarf radiation; used by the Atom to alter his size.
- Cosmic Armor: Used by Scarlet Skier.
- The Cosmic Rod and Cosmic Converter Belt: Built by the original Starman Ted Knight, passed down through the generations of Starmen and Star-Spangled Kids, now held by Stargirl.
- Cosmic Skis: A pair used by Scarlet Skier and another by the Black Racer.
- The Cosmic Treadmill: A device used by the Flash to travel through time and dimensions.
- The HERO Dial: Temporarily transforms people into superheroes.
- The Gravity Rod: Prototype version of Starman's Cosmic Rod.
- The Purple Ray: A healing device created by Baroness Paula von Gunther and used by the Amazons. It also has a "Purple Death Ray" version.
- T-Spheres: Artificially intelligent mini-holographic projectors designed by the second Mr. Terrific.
- Superman Kryptonite suit: A lead spacesuit created by Star Labs in order to help protect from kryptonite, etc.
- Universe Orb: Contains the history of the multiverse. Its contents were gathered by Harbinger, until she entrusted it to Donna Troy. The Universe Orb is used as a plot device to retell the History of the DC Universe.
- Utility Belt: A specialized belt with gadgets used by Batman.