|Directed by||N. Kalyanakrishnan|
|Produced by||Viswanathan Ravichandran|
|Written by||S. P. Jananathan|
|Music by||Srikanth Deva|
|Cinematography||S. R. Sathish Kumar|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan
|Running time||121 minutes|
Bhooloham (Tamil: பூலோகம்) is an upcoming Tamil action movie directed by N. Kalyanakrishnan and produced by Aascar Films. It stars Jayam Ravi and Trisha Krishnan in the lead roles, while Prakash Raj plays another pivotal role. The film is in its post-production stage and will release in December 2014.
- Jayam Ravi as Bhooloham
- Trisha Krishnan as Gowri Sindhu
- Prakash Raj as Moorthi
- Narayan as Bhoopathy
- Nathan Jones as Steven George
- Arpit Ranka as Destroyer Dayal
Jayam Ravi agreed terms to star in the film in August 2010, shortly after he had begun work for Engeyum Kadhal (2011) and Aadhi Baghavan (2013). During the making of the Peranmai (2009), an assistant director to S. P. Jananathan, Kalyanakrishnan, had narrated the story of the film and Jayam Ravi agreed to give priority dates for the film. However delays in production of the former two films resulted in the postponement of the shoot of Bhooloham, as his character in Aadhi Bhagavan required him to sport a beard, stopping him from working on the films simultaneously. In July 2011, it was reported that Jayam Ravi underwent a special training course in boxing for his role as a boxer with professional athlete, Prasad, overlooking his progress.
Amala Paul was approached by the producers in March 2012 to play the leading female role, but could not allot dates for the film. Subsequently the team approached Nayantara to play the lead role but her unavailability saw the team agree terms with Trisha Krishnan to play a role in the film. The movie is inspired from the life of a real life Asian boxing champion named Madhan. The makers roped in the Australian actor of Troy fame, Nathan Jones, for a fight sequence.
Music is composed by Srikanth Deva uniting with Jayam Ravi for second time after M. Kumaran Son Of Mahalakshmi.
- Bhoologam Adicha - Aslam Mustafa, Sree Tamizh
- Ivan Chennai - Haricharan
- Maasana Kollaiyila - Mukesh
- Tattoo Tattoo - Vaishali, Chinmayi, Abhay Jodhpurkar
- Vaangi Vantha - Fefsi Doss
- Vanakkam Vanakkam - Naveen Madhav
The release date is not yet announced officially by the TEAM. It could release on 2015 Pongal.
The satellite rights of the film were sold to Jaya TV.
- "'Jayam' Ravi in 'Boologam' - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Jayam Ravi signs up for Boologam". Sify.com. 2010-08-05. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Jayam Ravi's 'Boologam' delayed - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Jayam Ravi’s Boologam Is About… - Jayam Ravi - Boologam - Kalyana Krishnan - Sp Jananathan - Tamil Movie News". Behindwoods.com. 2011-06-21. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Richa Bhatia, TNN Jul 28, 2011, 05.47pm IST (2011-07-28). "Jayam Ravi set to play boxer". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- V Lakshmi, TNN Mar 20, 2012, 12.05PM IST (2012-03-20). "Amala Paul not part of Boologam". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- V Lakshmi Apr 19, 2012, 12.00AM IST (2012-04-19). "Nayanthara to romance with Jayam Ravi?". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "The next 'rough and tough' macho hero is here". Behindwoods. 28 September 2012. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Jayam Ravi's fighting it out with Nathan Jones". Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2012.