Boomerang (Latin American TV channel)
July 2, 2001 (channel)
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Latin America / Time Warner|
|Slogan||(2001-2006) Lo Bueno Vuelve (Spanish)
O que é bom volta (Portuguese)
(English: "It's all coming back to you")
(2010-Present)Para mi es así (Spanish)
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Sister channel(s)||Cartoon Network
Turner Classic Movies
|Dish Network Mexico||channel 308|
|Cablemás Juarez Chihuahua Mexico||Channel 411 (Cablemás Digital)|
Boomerang Latin America is a 24-hour cable television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting System, a unit of Time Warner broadcasting in all Latin America. Initially it was focused on classical series and shows, as the Latin American version of Boomerang from the United States. In 2006, it relaunched as the Latin American and Brazilian version of POGO from India, marketed mainly on children. In 2008 it relaunched again with its own original identity and programming. It is now focused on teen-oriented programming with original and syndicated series and movies. It also airs music videos and concert specials.
The channel was launched on July 2, 2001 with the same logo and programming from the United States version. It aired classic programming and different shows and series that had been dropped from Cartoon Network.
On April 3, 2006, the channel relaunched as a general children's network, becoming a version of Cartoon Network's sister network in India, POGO. Boomerang, with a new logo, started to air new series and shows, divided into different programming blocks which were the same that are aired on India's POGO. Those blocks included pre-scholar programming "MiniTV" ("TinyTV" in POGO), teen programming and classical programming. Each block had different colors that represented them.
On October 2008 the channel was relaunched again, but this time kept the same logo. The channel becomes a 24-hour teen-focused channel, with original and non-original productions and only focused on teenagers.
Since then, Boomerang has been airing successful original shows, as "BoomBox", which includes interviews and live concerts with different musicians from all Latin America, United States and more recently, United Kingdom.
On April 1, 2009 the channel launched a mobile service.
Outside of Latin America, the Latin American feed is an associate member of the Caribbean Cable Cooperative.
In mid-2010, the channel modified a little bit of the logo, transforming the squares around the word "Boom" in circles.
Since the summer of 2011, it is currently the only Boomerang channel in the world to feature no cartoon programming whatsoever.
Programming blocks 
Until 2008 Boomerang aired different blocks on different schedules for different audiences. The programming blocks included segments for young audiences, teenagers, and classical programming at night. The blocks were "color-coded" as the logo of the channel changed its color depending which programming block was being aired.
After October 2008 the channel decides to focus its programming only on teenagers, dropping the preschool and classic programming of the channel. Since February 2009 all the programming in all the schedules carry the same blue-green colored logo.
- Regular programming. During the normal programming the logo keeps being blue/green. This programming block takes most of the schedule from Monday to Sunday. It's mainly focused on teenagers. It includes series, reality series, music shows, video clips and others.
- Luces, Cámara, Boomerang/Luz, Câmera, Boomerang ("Lights, Camera, Boomerang"). This programming block is the only one who already existed on the former Boomerang and wasn't dropped from the channel. It airs different movies, most of them focused on teenagers. The logo keeps its original colors.
- Boombox Is a musical segment that is aired since late 2007, includes music videos, music live shows, and music documentaries for various artists, such as Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Paramore, 30 Seconds to Mars, and other.
- MiniTV ("TinyTV"). It consisted of pre-scholar programming focused on children from 2 to 6 years old. It was aired every morning. The logo turned yellow during this block. It was dropped on October, 2008.
- Regular programming. It aired regular programming, most of it focused on children and family. It was aired mostly during the day. The logo turned red or sometimes translucent white.
- Live Action. It aired teen-focused programming, with series, reality series and music video clips. It was aired in late afternoon and early night. The logo turned blue and green.
- Película Boomerang/Filme Boomerang ("Boomerang Movie"). Movie sesions during the day only on weekdays. The logo turned totally blue.
- Matinee del Domingo/Matinê de Domingo ("Sunday Matinee"). A movie during the morning of every Sunday. The logo turned red with orange.
- Boomerang Clásico/Boomerang Clássico ("Classic Boomerang"). Classic programming aired every night and early morning until dawn. The logo turned totally green.
Current Shows on Boomerang Latin America 
Current programming 
|English Title||Spanish Title||Portuguese Title|
|Pretty Little Liars||Pretty Little Liars||Pretty Little Liars|
|America's Best Dance Crew||America's Best Dance Crew||America's Best Dance Crew|
|The Lying Game||The Lying Game||The Lying Game - Jogo de Mentiras|
|Dance Academy||Dance Academy||Dance Academy|
|NPS - No puede ser|
|Date My Mom||Date My Mom||Saindo com a Minha Mãe|
|Parental Control||Parental Control||Parental Control|
|Connor Undercover||Connor Undercover||Connor: Um Jovem Espião|
|Majority Rules||Teens al Poder||Regras da Maioria|
|Britannia High||Britannia High||Britannia High|
|Gilmore Girls||Gilmore Girls||Tal Mãe, Tal Filha|
|Instant Star||Instant Star||Instant Star|
|Roommates||Espacios compartidos||Espaço Dividido|
|Overruled!||Corte juvenil||A Galera da Lei|
|The Secret Life of the American Teenager||La Vida Secreta de la adolescente americana||A Vida Secreta de Uma Adolescente Americana|
|Heartland (Canadian TV series)||Heartland||Heartland|
|Temporada de Moda Capricho||Temporada de Moda Capricho (aired only in Brazil)|
|Radio Free Roscoe||La Radio Libre de Roscoe||Rádio Livre de Roscoe|
|The Adrenaline Project|
|Somos tú y yo (not aired in Brazil)|
|H2O: Just Add Water||H2O: Sirenas del Mar||H2O: Meninas Sereias|
|Darcy's Wild Life||El mundo salvaje de Darcy||Darcy: Uma patricinha na Fazenda|
|What I Like About You (TV series)||Las Travesuras de mi hermana||Coisas que eu Odeio em Você|
|The Latest Buzz||Última Onda||Zoação Teen|
|Lockie Leonard||Lockie Leonard||Lockie Leonard|
|Girls In Love||Chicas Enamoradas||Garotas Apaixonadas|
Future programming 
- The Carrie Diaries (2013)
Former programming 
Mini TV 
- Garfield and Friends (Garfiel y sus amigos) (current on Tooncast)
- Preston Pig
- Flintstone Kids (Los Pequeños Picapierda)
- The Triplets
- Little Lulu (La Pequeña Lulú) (current on Tooncast)
- Bellflower Bunnies
- Cave Kids
- Care Bears (Los Cariñositos)
- Bottle Top Bill
- Curious George (Jorge el Curioso) (current on Discovery Kids)
- Tom and Jerry Tales (Las Aventuras de Tom y Jerry) (current on Cartoon Network)
- Miffy and Friends (Miffy y sus amigos)
- Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends
- Max and Ruby (Max y Ruby) (current on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.)
- Hello Kitty
- Franny's Feet (Loa Pies Mágicos de Franny) (current on Discovery Kids)
- Tractor Tom
- Kangaroo Creek Gang
- Peppa Pig
- Arthur (TV series) (Arturo)
- Firehouse Tales
- The Magic School Bus (TV series) (El Autobús Mágico)
- Dragon Tales
- Franklin (TV series) (current on Discovery Kids)
- The Forgotten Toys
- Augie Doggie (Canuto y Canito)
- Tom and Jerry (Tom y Jerry)
- Bugs and Daffy (Bugs y Lucas)
- U.S. of Archie (Los Estados Unidos de Archie)
- Top Cat (Don Gato y su pandilla)
- Wacky Races (Los Autos Locos)
- Dastardly and Muttley
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (He-Man y Los Amos del Universo)
- The Mighty Hercules (El Poderoso Hércules)
- She-Ra: Princess of Power (She-Ra: La Princesa del Poder)
- The Quick Draw McGraw Show (Tiro Loco McGraw)
- Kimba the White Lion (Kimba el León Blanco)
- The Flintstones (Los Picapiedra)
- The Jetsons (Los Supersónicos)