Boomerang (Latin America)
July 2, 2001 (channel)
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Latin America / Time Warner|
|Slogan||"This is my way"|
|Language||Spanish /Portuguese (Brazilian Feed only)
English (SAP only)
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Sister channel(s)||Cartoon Network
Turner Classic Movies
|Dish Network Mexico||channel 308|
|SKY Mexico||Channel 323|
|DirecTV Latin America||Channel 334|
|Cablemás Juarez Chihuahua Mexico||Channel 411 (Cablemás Digital)|
Boomerang is a 24-hour cable television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting System, a unit of Time Warner broadcasting in all Latin America. Initially it was focused on classical series and shows, as the Latin American version of Boomerang from the United States. In 2006, it relaunched as the Latin American and Brazilian version of POGO from India, marketed mainly on children. In 2008 it relaunched again with its own original identity and programming, focused on teen-oriented programming with original and syndicated series and movies. It also aired music videos and concert specials, under the brand "Boombox". The channel currently focuses on family programming, and plans on rebranding on October 1, 2014, with a marathon of 3 days waiting for the rebrand occurring on September 28, 2014.
- 1 History
- 2 Programming blocks
- 3 Current Shows on Boomerang Latin America
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
- 6 References
The channel was launched on July 2, 2001 with the same logo and programming from the United States version. It aired classic programming and different shows and series that had been dropped from Cartoon Network.
On April 3, 2006, the channel relaunched as a general children's network, becoming a version of Cartoon Network's sister network in India, POGO. Boomerang, with a new logo, started to air new series and shows, divided into different programming blocks which were the same that are aired on India's POGO. Those blocks included pre-scholar programming "MiniTV" ("TinyTV" in POGO), teen programming and classical programming. Each block had different colors that represented them.
On October 2008 the channel was relaunched again, but this time kept the same logo. The channel becomes a 24-hour teen-focused channel, with original and non-original productions and only focused on teenagers.
Since then, Boomerang has been airing successful original shows, as "BoomBox", which includes interviews and live concerts with different musicians from all Latin America, United States and more recently, United Kingdom.
On April 1, 2009 the channel launched a mobile service.
Outside of Latin America, the Latin American feed is an associate member of the Caribbean Cable Cooperative.
In mid-2010, the channel modified a little bit of the logo, transforming the squares around the word "Boom" in circles.
Since the summer of 2009, it was the only Boomerang channel in the world to feature no cartoon programming whatsoever. However, The Powerpuff Girls was added as of February 2014, making it again inclusive to animated programming. In April, it moved its cartoon programming to daytime slots on the schedule. Based on these recent changes, it is suspected that Boomerang in Latin America will be part of the worldwide Boomerang rebrand, influenced by programming of international Boomerang networks.
Boomerang Latin America (and most likely Boomerang in the United States) will officially rebrand on October 1, 2014, with new and exclusive cartoons such as Oddbots, Masha and the Bear and The Jungle Bunch: To the Rescue making their debuts during that day, along with some contemporary programming imported from Cartoon Network such as The Garfield Show, Pink Panther and Pals and What's New, Scooby-Doo?, and new programming block consisting of straight-to-DVD and theatrical films. Boomerang will re-shift its focus to kids and their families, resulting in which all the live-action teencoms (sans H20: Just Add Water) will be removed from the schedule permanently. The rebranded channel will also have a programming block targeting to preschoolers to its schedule.
From 2006 until 2008 Boomerang aired different blocks on different schedules for different audiences. The programming blocks included segments for young audiences, teenagers, and classical programming at night. The blocks were "color-coded" as the logo of the channel changed its color depending which programming block was being aired.
After October 2008 the channel decides to focus its programming only on teenagers, dropping the preschool and classic programming of the channel. Since February 2009 all the programming in all the schedules carry the same blue-green colored logo.
- Regular programming. Currently the program is based in two blocks the first begins at 06:00 am until 01:00 am and is composed of animation and children's programs and the second block begins wings 1:00 a.m. until 06:00 pm, and is based on live action teen.
- From 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. the programming is composed of animation and children's programs.
- From 1:00am to 6:00am the programming is composed of live action teens.
- Boombox It was a musical segment that was aired since late 2007, includes music videos, music live shows, and music documentaries for various artists, such as Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Paramore, Thirty Seconds to Mars, and other. It was removed in April 2014.
- MiniTV ("TinyTV"). It consisted of pre-scholar programming focused on children from 2 to 6 years old. It was aired every morning. The logo turned yellow during this block. It was dropped on October, 2008.
- Luces, Cámara, Boomerang/Luz, Câmera, Boomerang ("Lights, Camera, Boomerang"). This programming block was the only one who already existed on the former Boomerang and wasn't dropped from the channel. It aired different movies, most of them focused on teenagers. The logo kept its original colors. The block was removed by April 2014, with no scheduled return for the rebrand.
- Regular programming. It aired regular programming, most of it focused on children and family. It was aired mostly during the day. The logo turned red or sometimes translucent white. By 2008, up until the second quarter of 2014, the network's regular programming was focused on teenagers, with dramas from international territories.
- Live Action. It aired teen-focused programming, with series, reality series and music video clips. It was aired in late afternoon and early night. The logo turned blue and green.
- Película Boomerang/Filme Boomerang ("Boomerang Movie"). Movie sesions during the day only on weekdays. The logo turned totally blue.
- Matinee del Domingo/Matinê de Domingo ("Sunday Matinee"). A movie during the morning of every Sunday. The logo turned red with orange.
- Boomerang Clásico/Boomerang Clássico ("Classic Boomerang"). Classic programming aired every night and early morning until dawn. The logo turned totally green. It was dropped on October, 2008.
- Boomeraction – One of the first blocks to air on Boomerang, its programming focused on action-adventure shows including Thundarr the Barbarian, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, The Pirates of Dark Water, Jonny Quest and Space Ghost. It was also one of the only Boomerang blocks to air across international feeds, including the United Kingdom, Latin America, and Australia versions of the network. The block was removed by April 2, 2006 due the first rebrand, as all programming from the block left the schedule.
Current Shows on Boomerang Latin America
Programming on Boomerang Latin America, which is verified on its website.
|English Title||Spanish Title||Portuguese Title|
|The Powerpuff Girls||Las Chicas Superpoderosas||As Meninas Superpoderosas|
|Majority Rules!||Teens al Poder||Regras da Maioria|
|Heartland (Canadian TV series)||Heartland||Heartland|
|Flight 29 Down||Rescate Vuelo 29||Rescate Vóo 29|
|How to be Indie||El mundo de Indie||Como Ser Indie|
|Looney Tunes||Looney Tunes||Looney Tunes|
|Totally Spies||Tres Espías sin Límite||Três Espiãs Demais|
|Baby Looney Tunes||Pequeños Looney Tunes||Baby Looney Tunes|
|Krypto the Superdog||Krypto el superperrro||Krypto, o super-cão|
|YooHoo and Friends||YooHoo y sus amigos||YooHoo, amigos da naturaleza|
|Lazy Town||Lazy Town||Lazy Town|
|Oscar's Oasis||Oscar's Oasis||Oscar's Oasis|
|Eliot Kid||El mundo de Eliot||As Aventuras de Eliot|
|Casper's Scare School||La escuela del terror de Casper||A escola de sustos do Gasparinho|
|Pink Panther and Pals||La pandilla de La pantera rosa||A Turma da Pantera Cor de Rosa|
|Oggy and the Cockroaches||Oggy y las cucarachas||Oggy e as baratas tontas|
|Las aventuras de Gui & Etopa||As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa|
|El rancho del pájaro amarillo||Sitio do Picapau Amarelo|
|Master Raindrop||Maestro Raindrop y los 4 elementos||Mestre Raindrop e a Missão dos Elementos|
|El Chavo del 8||Chaves|
|El Chapulín Colorado||Chapolin Colorado|
- Tom and Jerry Tales
- What's New, Scooby-Doo? (¿Qué hay de nuevo , Scooby Doo?)
- The Jungle Bunch: To The Rescue (El Jungle Racimo: Al Rescate)
- H2O: Just Add Water
- Monica's Gang (Mónica y su Pandilla)
- Masha and the Bear (Masha y el Oso)
- The Garfield Show (El Show de Garfield)
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (¿Scooby Doo Dónde Estás?)
- Trunk Train (Tromba Trem)
- Tom and Jerry (Tom y Jerry)
- Arthur (Arturo)
- Bellflower Bunnies
- Bottle Top Bill
- Care Bears (Los Cariñositos)
- Cave Kids
- Curious George (Jorge el Curioso)
- Dragon Tales
- Firehouse Tales
- The Flintstone Kids (Los Pequeños Picapiedra)
- The Forgotten Toys
- Franny's Feet (Los Pies Mágicos de Franny)
- Garfield and Friends (Garfield y sus Amigos)
- Hello Kitty
- Kangaroo Creek Gang
- Kipper (Kipper el Perro)
- Little Robots (Little robots)
- The Magic School Bus (El Autobús Mágico)
- Max & Ruby (Max y Ruby)
- Maya & Miguel (Maya y Miguel)
- Miffy and Friends (Miffy y sus amigos)
- Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends
- Peppa Pig
- Preston Pig
- Tom & Jerry Kids (Los Pequeños Tom y Jerry)
- Tom and Jerry Tales (Las Aventuras de Tom y Jerry)
- Tractor Tom
- Toopy and Binoo (Toopy y Binoo)
- The Addams Family (Los Locos Addams)
- The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends (Las Aventuras de Rocky y Bullwinkle y sus Amigos)
- Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy (Canuto y Canito)
- Atom Ant (La Hormiga Atómica)
- The Banana Splits (Los Banana Splits)
- Birdman and the Galaxy Trio (Birdman y el trío Galaxia)
- Breezly and Sneezly (Casioso y Achú)
- Bugs and Daffy (Bugs y Lucas)
- Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels (Capitán Cavernicola y Los Ángeles Adolescentes)
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers (Capitán Planeta y los planetarios)
- Casper and Friends (Casper y sus Amigos)
- Cattanooga Cats (Los Gatedráticos del Ritmo)
- CB Bears (Los Osos Mañosos)
- Clue Club
- Dastardly and Muttley (Pierre-No-Doyuna y Patán)
- Dino Boy in the Lost Valley (Dino Boy en el valle perdido)
- Drak Pack (Dibujos del Recuerdo)
- Dudley Do-Right (Dudley Bueno)
- Dynomutt, Dog Wonder (Dinamita, el Perro Maravilla)
- Fantastic Four (Los 4 Fantásticos)
- Felix the Cat (El Gato Felix)
- The Funky Phantom (El Fantasma Revoltoso)
- Flash Gordon
- The Flintstones (Los Picapiedra)
- Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles (Frankenstein Jr. y los Imposibles)
- Ghostbusters (Los Cazafantasmas)
- Goober and the Ghost Chasers (Goober y los Cazafantasmas)
- The Great Grape Ape (Simiolón y Listolín)
- Help!... It's the Hair Bear Bunch! (Los Osos Revoltosos)
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (He-Man y Los Amos del Universo)
- The Herculoids (Los Herculoides)
- The Hillbilly Bears (Los Osos Montañeses)
- Hokey Wolf (El Lobo Hokey)
- Hong Kong Phooey
- Huckleberry Hound
- Jabberjaw (Mandibulín)
- James Bond Jr.
- The Jetsons (Los Supersónicos)
- Jonny Quest
- Josie and the Pussycats (Josie y sus Gatimelódicas)
- Kimba the White Lion (Kimba el León Blanco)
- Lippy the Lion & Hardy Har Har (Leoncio el León y Tristón)
- Loopy De Loop
- Magilla Gorilla (Maguila Gorila)
- The Mighty Hercules (El Poderoso Hércules)
- MGM Cartoons
- Mr. Magoo
- Partridge Family 2200 A.D. (La Familia Partridge en el Año 2200)
- The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show (El Show de Pebbles y Bam-Bam)
- The Perils of Penelope Pitstop (Los Peligros de Penélope Glamour)
- Peter Potamus (Pepe Pótamo)
- Pink Panther (La Pantera Rosa)
- Pink Panther and Sons (La Pantera Rosa y sus hijos)
- Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks (Pixie y Dixie y el Gato Jinks)
- Pound Puppies
- Precious Pupp (Lindo Pulgoso)
- Punkin' Puss and Mushmouse (Punkin Puss y Mush Mouse)
- Quick Draw McGraw (Tiro Loco McGraw)
- The Real Ghostbusters (Los Verdaderos Cazafantasmas)
- Richie Rich
- Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long (Conejo Ricochet y Coyote Droop-a-Long)
- Ruff and Reddy (Ruff y Reddy)
- Secret Squirrel (El Inspector Ardilla)
- She-Ra: Princess of Power (She-Ra: La Princesa del Poder)
- Shirt Tales (Los rescatadores)
- The Skatebirds (Los Pájaros Patinadores)
- The Smurfs (Los Pitufos)
- Snagglepuss (El Leon Melquiades)
- Snooper and Blabber (Super Fisgon y Despistado)
- The Snorks (Los Snorkels)
- Space Ghost (El Fantasma del Espacio)
- Speed Buggy (El superveloz Buggy Buggy)
- Speed Racer (Mach GoGoGo)
- Squiddly Diddly (Pulpo Manotas)
- Super Friends (Súper Amigos)
- The Super Globetrotters (Los Súper Globetrotters)
- Top Cat (Don Gato y su pandilla)
- Touché Turtle and Dum Dum (La Tortuga D'Artagnan)
- U.S. of Archie (Los Estados Unidos de Archie)
- Wacky Races (Los Autos Locos)
- Wally Gator (El Lagarto Juancho)
- Winsome Witch (La Bruja tonta)
- Woody Woodpecker (El Pájaro Loco)
- Yakky Doodle
- Yippee, Yappee and Yahooey (Viva, Bravo y Hurra)
- Yogi Bear (El Oso Yogi)
- Yogi's Gang (La Banda de Yogi)
- Yogi's Space Race (La Carrera Espacial de Yogi)
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt (Yogi y la búsqueda del tesoro)
- Member channels of the Caribbean Cable Cooperative
- "Boomerang Latin America Programming Grid". Turner Broadcasting.
- This program will be introduced or re-introduced when Boomerang Latin America rebrands on October 1, 2014.