A Boomkicker  is a modern mechanical device on boats that pushes the boom up by one or more glassfiber rods. If the boom is sheeted in the rods will bend and produce a force upwards.
- In light air, a Boomkicker lifts the boom and opens the leech
- No Topping lift is required when using the Boomkicker
- Reefing is safer and easier with better boom control
- When dropping the main the boom will not hit the deck
- A Boomkicker does not replace the vang but works in close collaboration with the vang
The boomkicker is, among others, widely used on the International Dragon Class.
Boomkicker in straight position showed on a Soling
Boomkicker in bent position