Boone Township, Boone County, Illinois
Location in Boone County
Boone County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||24.03 sq mi (62.2 km2)|
|• Land||23.94 sq mi (62.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.37%|
|Elevation||896 ft (273 m)|
|• Density||82.2/sq mi (31.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61008, 61012, 61038, 61065|
|GNIS feature ID||0428694|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.03 square miles (62.2 km2), of which 23.94 square miles (62.0 km2) (or 99.63%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.37%) is water.
The township contains these four cemeteries: Capron, Chester, County Line and Long Prairie.
- North Boone Community Unit School District 200
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State Senate District 35
- "Boone Township, Boone County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Leroy Township||Chemung Township, McHenry County|
|Poplar Grove Township||Dunham Township, McHenry County|
|Bonus Township||Marengo Township, McHenry County|