|Industry||Food & Beverage|
|Headquarters||Chadstone, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Number of locations||236 (2009)|
|Area served||Bangkok, Chile, China, Estonia, GCC, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Lithuania, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Republic of Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand and the UK.|
|Key people||Jeff Allis (CEO/Co-Founder),
Janine Allis (Founder),
Geoff Harris (Director of Board),
|Products||Juices & Smoothies|
Boost Juice Bars is an international chain of retail outlets that specialize in selling fruit juice. Boost Juice Bars was formed in 2000 with the first store located in Adelaide, South Australia. The company has expanded internationally with stores in Asia, Europe, Russia and the Middle East through franchising.
The founder of Boost Juice Bars, Janine Allis, noticed the fad of the juice bar when on holiday in the United States. With her husband, Janine decided to bring the idea to Australia. In 2000, the first store opened in Adelaide. Two years later, it was reported that a new store was opening every four days and it became the fastest growing franchise chain in the country.
In May 2006, Boost Juice Bars ceased operations in New Zealand after the franchiser (which operated all the New Zealand stores) was put into liquidation. The stores were sold to Tank Juice who are now operating them under the Tank brand.
In 2007, the founders of Millies Cookies, Richard O’Sullivan and Mario Budwig, signed an agreement with Boost Juice Bars to launch the brand in the United Kingdom. By the end of the year, the company had also expanded into Chile, Kuwait, Singapore, Indonesia and, most recently, Thailand.
In 2011 Boost Juice got into a franchise agreement for India with entrepreneurs Rivoli Sinha and Dev Agarwal, the directors of Joost Food Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
As of June 2009, there are stores operating in Australia, Chile, Dubai, Estonia, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Kuwait, Lithuania, Macau, Malaysia, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
Awards & acclaims
- MyBusiness Readers Choice Award
- Telstra Business Woman of the Year
- Telstra Business Owner National Award Winner
- AMEX Franchisor of the Year
- BRW Fastest Growing Franchise
- Price Waterhouse Coopers Franchisor of the Year award - VIC
- Governor of Victoria Export Awards - Commendation
- Highly Commended – Supreme Award for Best Retailer
- National Retailers Association Awards – Bank of Queensland Franchise Award
- National Retailers Association Awards – Supreme Reward for Best Retaile
- "A boost is born!". Boost Juice Bars. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Study Kit 2008/2009" (PDF). Boost Juice Bars. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Boost Juice blends a success that's overflowing". The Age. 2003-07-14. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Boost finds fresh owner in New Tank". New Zealand Herald. 2008-05-10. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Smoothies: the new coffee wars?". BBC News. 2006-12-20. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Australian Boost Juice Launches In UK". Easier. 2007-03-15. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Nestlé and Boost Juice Bars launch Boosted Smoothies range". Talking Retail. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Boost Juice Bars polots major global expansion". Bandt. 2007-04-23. Retrieved 2009-06-24.[dead link]
- "New look Boost Juice ready to expand". Smart Company. 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Speaker Biographies". Retail World. 2009-06-29. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "The Growth of Boost Juice Bars". Franchise Expo. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Boost Juice Franchise Profile". Inside Franchising. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "Export award acknowledges the growth of Aconex". Victoria. 2006-10-11. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- "ARA 2007 Victorian Awards Program - Melbourne". Retail. 2007-09-18. Retrieved 2009-06-24.