|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
Booval straddles Brisbane Road, the main arterial link to the Ipswich Motorway. The Booval Fair shopping centre, located on Brisbane Road, contains a number of major chain stores, including Woolworths and Big W, while a number of smaller businesses line South Station Rd and Brisbane Rd.
Booval has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Sacred Heart Catholic School
Parks and sports facilities
- Cameron Park
- Basketball Ipswich
- Booval Bowls Club
The Booval Swifts rugby league football club bears the suburb's name. During the 1920s, two of Booval's players, Dan Dempsey and Arthur Henderson were selected to represent Australia. The club has also produced other such notable players as Des Morris and Kevin Walters.
Places of worship
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Cothill Rd
- Uniting Church, Glebe Rd
- Anglican Church, Brisbane Rd
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). 2011 Census QuickStats http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2011/quickstat/. Retrieved 25 September 2014. Missing or empty
- Place name details
- "Booval War Memorial (entry 15325)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Booval House (entry 15324)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Booval, Queensland.|