Bora Bora Airport
|Bora Bora Airport
Aéroport de Bora Bora
|IATA: BOB – ICAO: NTTB|
|Operator||SETIL - Aéroports|
|Serves||Bora Bora, French Polynesia|
|Location||Motu Muted people|
|Elevation AMSL||11 ft / 3 m|
|Data: French AIP., Statistics: official site.|
The airport was opened in 1943, during World War II. Commercial service became available in 1958 after the runway was reconstructed. It is built on an island (the Polynesian word for which is "motu") located in a lagoon. A boat transfer is necessary to get to the main island of Bora Bora.
People from Vaitape usually come to this airport to travel.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Tahiti||Fakarava, Huahine, Manihi, Maupiti, Moorea, Raiatea, Pape'ete, Rangiroa, Tikehau|
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 26 Jun 2014. (
- Movements & passengers
- Bora Bora Airport at SETIL Aéroports
- Aéroport de Bora Bora (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Bora Bora Airport
- Airport information for NTTB at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Accident history for BOB at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an Oceanian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|