|Time zone||Sri Lanka Standard Time Zone (UTC+5:30)|
|Postal Code||00800 |
Borella is a multi-religious and multi-ethnic area. The major ethnic communities in Borella are Sinhalese and Tamils. There are also various other minorities such as Burghers, Arab descendants and others. Religions include Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and various other religions and beliefs to a lesser extent.
- Paikiasothy Saravanamuttu Stadium also known as P. Sara Oval and Tamil Union Cricket and Athletic Club.
- Royal Colombo Golf Club (also known as Ridgeway Links). Founded in 1879 it is the oldest in the country and one of the oldest in Asia.
- abdul rahman sports club
- Sunrise International Preschool
- Wesley College
- Bandaranayake Vidyalaya
- Carey College, Borella
- Devi Balika Vidyalaya
- C. W. W. Kannangara Vidyalaya
- Susamaya Wardana Maha Vidyalaya
- Rathnawali Balika Maha Vidyalaya
- D.S.Senanayaka College
Borella is home to Borella Kanatte Cemetery, the main burial ground for all faiths within the city of Colombo. It is located where Narahenpita Road (Elvitigala Mawatha), Bullers Road (Bauddhaloka Mawatha), and Baseline Road (D S Senanayake Mawtha) meet at a large roundabout. The cemetery was established in 1840 and is a very popular place of burial for many faiths. (Muslims do not bury their dead here as they have their own cemeteries elsewhere in the city). There is a section dedicated to the dead of the two world wars. The cemetery also has a crematorium for those who choose to be cremated instead of buried.
|This Western Province, Sri Lanka location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|