Borgio Verezzi Caves
|Grotte di Borgio Verezzi
(Borgio Verezzi Caves)
|Location|| Borgio Verezzi
(SV, Liguria, Italy)
|Show cave opened||1970|
|Show cave length||800 m|
The Borgio Verezzi Caves (Italian: Grotte di Borgio Verezzi), also named Valdemino, are a remarkable karst cave system located in the municipality of Borgio Verezzi, in the province of Savona, Liguria. They are some remarkable show caves of Italy and one of the most notables of the region.
Located in the outskirts of Borgio, the main town and seat of the municipality, the cavese were discovered in 1933. The touristic route, opened in 1970, is 800m long and counts some little lakes, due to the presence of a little river named Rio Battorezza.
- Index of the show caves of Italy (alphabetically ordered)
- (Italian) History of the caves (official site)
- (Italian) Infos about the opening (official site)
- (Italian) Some peculiarities of the caves (official site)
- (Italian) Short article on Borgio Verezzi municipal website
- (Italian)Prehistorical infos about the caves (official site)
Media related to Borgio Verezzi Caves at Wikimedia Commons