Boris Mavashev was born on 9 May 1939 in Tashkent. In 1957 he entered the Tashkent state university, majoring in physics and technology. In 1962, he graduated and started working as a teacher of physics and electrical engineering at the college level.
In 1965, Mavashev started full-time scientific work at the Scientific Research Institute of Health Resorts in Tashkent to study the health resorts potential of Uzbekistan. At the physics laboratory of this institute, he began studying the radioactivity of radium and radon, the electric conductivity, and the micro-constituent composition of therapeutic underground waters of Uzbekistan. He published scientific articles about radon waters and the variations in concentration in the mineral water of Tashkent in connection with the devastating Tashkent earthquake on 26 April 1966. He discovered the radon precursors of earthquakes; this method for the predicting of earthquakes was adopted by scientists in many countries.
In 1971, Mavashev successfully completed and defended his Ph.D. thesis. In 1977 he was awarded a State Prize and the Discovery Diploma 129 which was entered in the State register of the USSR. From 1975 to 1990, he worked as a senior scientific worker and head of the laboratory for studying the air basin ecology at the Central Asiatic Hydro-Meteorological institute and the Automobile Institute.
Study of earthquakes
On 4 April 1990, Mavashev and his family moved to Israel, settling in Jerusalem. He continued his scientific work at the “Machon Lev” Technological Institute and at the Academic Institute of Holon. He cooperated with the Institute of Geophysics and the Institute of Geology. During the next 20 years, he prepared and submitted more than 15 scientific projects to various organizations of Israel, and published over 25 scientific studies in Israel, the USA, Japan, and other countries. These were largely concerned with the topical contemporary problems of the prediction of earthquakes, and global climatic change and its connection with the activated seismicity on the Earth. Boris Mavashev took part in many local and international scientific conferences and worked out the patent application on the subject “Method for the prediction of earthquakes”. For his outstanding scientific achievements, he was awarded international diplomas and medals. His curriculum vitae was published in international encyclopedic publications. He is an Active Member of New York Academy of Sciences.
Global climate change
In 2004, Mavashev created the non-profit organization “Center of science and education of Repatriates” that he has been heading ever since. Within the organization, Mavashev elaborated a five-year scientific report on the subject “Global climate warming and earthquakes”. These research results have been nominated for an award at the Keren Kayemet and at the Joint (Israel). Proposals were sent to the UNO, the Copenhagen forum on climate change, to the leaders of Israel and to the leading countries of the world. These suggestions are aimed at creating an International Center in Jerusalem for studying and forecasting earthquakes and control of the global climate change. US President Barack Obama sent messages of thanks to Boris Mavashev.
Mavashev has published over 70 scientific papers on radioactivity of ground water, and the interconnections of global climate warming with earthquakes. He is the author of a universal method for the forecast of earthquakes. This method is based on the combined utilization or radon-based and meteorological precursors. A patent application for this method was filed in Israel in 2004, under number 162790/2.
- 1967. "The portent of a strong tectonic earthquake", with co-authors, USSR Acad. of Sc. v 176
- 1969. "The effect of the after-shocks of the Tashkent earthquake on the changes of the thermal water of the Tashkent artesian basin", Medicine
- 1970. "The portent of the Tashkent earthquake", with co-authors, FAN publishers
- 1991. "Geochemical and meteorological aspects of earthquake prediction", Israel Geological Society, Akko
- 1992. "Meteorological precursors of earthquake. Earthquake, Weather and Ecology", 2nd International Conference on Asian Marine Geology, Tokyo
- 1993. "Automated control system of eco-geodynamical processes for earthquake prediction", 25th International Symposium on Remote sensing and Global Environmental Change, Michigan, USA
- 1996. "About interrelation between meteorological and seismic-tectonics processes and earthquake prediction", The Israel Mineral Science and Engineering Association, Syhron Yaqov, Israel
- 1999. "Method of Earthquakes Prediction and Automated Geo-monitoring System", Interdisciplinary Annual Seminar, Geological Features of Underground Water Resources of Israel and Middle East Countries, Jerusalem
- 2000. "Earthquake prediction. Buildings and Seismic Problems of Israel", Technion, Haifa, Israel
- 2002. "Meteorological Indicators of the Earthquakes", XXIII General Assembly of the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics, Sapporo, Japan
- 2004. "The Weather Anomalies and Earthquake Prediction", seminar of the scientific association "ECOST" and Ministry of Ecology, Ministry of Absorption and scientific forum of repatriates, Jerusalem 2004.
- 2005. "Weather Anomalies and Earthquakes", Engineering Center Immigrants Sharon, Ideas, Projects and Technology, No.4, Israel
- 2006. "The quantum physics Paradox and Earthquake", Eng. Cen. Immig.. Sharon Ideas, Projects, and Technol.,No.5, Israel* 2007. "Method for Earthquake Prediction", Patent Application No 16790/2, Israel, and ECOST, 10th Annual Ecological Immigrant Scientist Conference, Jerusalem
- 2008. "Global Warming and Earthquakes", The ECOST 11th Annual Ecolog. Sci. Conference, Jerusalem
- 2010. "On the 20th anniversary of the repatriation to Israel", Conference in Honor of the Contribution of Immigrant Scientists to the Advancement of Science and Awarding of Prizes to Outstanding Scientists, Tel-Aviv University
- 2010. "The Anomalous Hottest Summer of 2010 and Earthquakes", The House of Scientists by Weizmann Institute of Science at the Rehovot,
- 2011. " The Forecast Materializes again", The House of Scientists by Weizmann Institute of Science at the Rehovot, Internet Site: rehes.org
- 2011. "Global Changes of the Climate and Causes", The 39th Conference of the Israel Society of Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Israel
- . ^Journal=Living Science, volume 001> Dr. Boris Mavashev, 2003 International Bibliographical Centre London, pages 264-266
- . ^ Diploma of Discovery 129, group= Phenomena of chemical composition changes of subsurface waters by earthquake, 1973. USSR Register of Discoveries, Moscow, pages=2
- . ^ Ochildie, David, Robert Pinkhasov, Iosif Kalontarov, A history and culture of the Bukharian Jews, Club Roshnoy Light, & authors, 2007 page 251
- .^ Soviet bloc research in geophysics, astronomy, and space issues 203/210, page 52, United States Publications Research Service 1969
- .^ Soil radon monitoring in the Krko Basin, Slovenia/Elsevier
- .^ "Geochemical monitoring of thermal waters in Slovenia: relationships to cosmic activity" by Z.Zmazek, F. Italiano, M. Zivic, J.Vaupolic and I.Kobal and G. Martinelli. Journal: Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Volume 57, issue 6, December 2002, pages 919/930,