Borja playing for Deportivo in 2013
|Full name||Borja González Tomás|
|Date of birth||25 August 1992|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Deportivo La Coruña (loan from Atlético Madrid)|
|2011–2012||→ Murcia (loan)||20||(4)|
|2012–2013||→ Huesca (loan)||31||(9)|
|2013–2015||→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||34||(10)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Madrid, Borja arrived in his hometown club Atlético Madrid's youth system in July 2001, aged eight. He made his senior debuts in the 2009–10 season, scoring 12 goals for the reserve team in the third division.
On 15 May 2010, in the campaign's last round, Borja made his first-team and La Liga debut, coming on as a substitute for Tiago Mendes in the 58th minute of the game against Getafe CF. Twenty minutes later, however, he was stretchered off with a serious anterior cruciate ligament injury on his left knee, in an eventual 0–3 home loss.
Seven months after his injury, Borja re-appeared with Atlético B, as a substitute in a 1–0 win over CP Cacereño. After the match, he stated: "I'm very happy. I've passed really bad times and I've suffered, but now I'm prepared to help the team go up in the league table."
In late August 2011 Borja was loaned to Real Murcia, freshly promoted to the second level. On 30 August of the following year he moved to SD Huesca also in a temporary deal, scoring nine times for the latter during the season as it ended in relegation.
- Spain U19
- Spain U17
Borja's father, Miguel González Bastón, was also a footballer. A goalkeeper, he also played with Atlético – but only with its reserves. Subsequently he represented Real Burgos CF during seven years, playing in ten top division games in three seasons combined and winning one Ricardo Zamora Trophy in division two.
After his second club disappeared in 1994, Bastón retired from football.
- "Getafe secure Europa League spot". ESPN Soccernet. 15 May 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- Borja: "2011 será uno de mis mejores años" (Borja: "2011 will be one of my best years"); Diario AS, 21 December 2010 (Spanish)
- Borja González refuerza la delantera grana (Borja González strengthens grana offense); Los Pimentoneros, 31 August 2011 (Spanish)
- Borja jugará cedido en el Huesca esta temporada (Borja will play on loan in Huesca this season); Diario AS, 30 August 2012 (Spanish)
- Borja Bastón: Juan Carlos me habló increíblemente bien de la ciudad y del Club (Borja Bastón: Juan Carlos spoke incredibly well about the city and the club); Deportivo's official website, 28 August 2013 (Spanish)
- Borja jugará cedido en el Deportivo de la Coruña (Borja will play on loan in Deportivo de La Coruña); Atlético's official website, 29 August 2013 (Spanish)
- Borja González – FIFA competition record
- Miguel González Bastón at BDFutbol