- The genus name Borkhausenia has also been misapplied to Denisia.
|Adult B. minutella at Hellerup (Denmark)|
Amaurosetia Stephens, 1835
Borkhausenia is a genus of the concealer moth family (Oecophoridae). Among these, it belongs to subfamily Oecophorinae, wherein it is probably closely related to Hofmannophila (Brown House Moth). In the past, several other Oecophoridae (e.g. Schiffermuelleria) have been included in Borkhausenia, as well as a few even more distant members of the superfamily Gelechioidea. Metalampra was originally described as a subgenus of Borkhausenia. Telechrysis has also been included here as a subgenus by some, while other authors have considered it a separate genus in the Oecophorinae or – if these are also considered distinct – the Amphisbatinae.
- Borkhausenia fuscescens
- Borkhausenia gelechiella (Wocke 1889) (tentatively placed here)
- Borkhausenia gredoensis Rebel, 1937
- Borkhausenia luridicomella (Herrich-Schäffer, 1856)
- Borkhausenia minutella
- Borkhausenia nefrax Hodges, 1974
- Borkhausenia predotai Hartig, 1936
- Borkhausenia venturellii Costantini 1923 (tentatively placed here)
- Pitkin & Jenkins (2004), FE (2009), and see references in Savela (2003)
- FE (2009), and see references in Savela (2003)
Media related to Borkhausenia at Wikimedia Commons
- Fauna Europaea (FE) (2009): Borkhausenia. Version 2.1, 2009-DEC-22. Retrieved 2010-APR-28.
- Pitkin, Brian & Jenkins, Paul (2004): Butterflies and Moths of the World, Generic Names and their Type-species – Borkhausenia. Version of 2004-NOV-05. Retrieved 2010-APR-28.
- Savela, Markku (2003): Markku Savela's Lepidoptera and some other life forms – Borkhausenia. Version of 2003-DEC-29. Retrieved 2010-APR-28.
|This article on a moth of the Oecophoridae family is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|