|Single by Alabama|
|from the album Greatest Hits Vol. II|
|B-side||"Until It Happens to You"|
|Released||December 26, 1991|
|Format||7", cassette single|
|Recorded||August 9, 1991|
|Writer(s)||Byron Hill, John Schweers|
|Producer(s)||Josh Leo, Larry Michael Lee, Alabama|
|Alabama singles chronology|
"Born Country" is a song written by Byron Hill and John Schweers, and recorded by the American country music band Alabama. It was released in December 1991 as the second and final single on their compilation album, Greatest Hits Vol. II. It reached No. 1 on the Radio & Records chart in March 1992, also peaking at number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts.
The single was one of three new tracks on Alabama's Greatest Hits Vol. II album (the other two being "Then Again" and "Hats Off") and was released in 1992 on RCA Nashville. The song won an ASCAP Award for being among the most performed country songs of 1992.
The song is a mid-tempo in which the narrator expresses his pride for the country.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||41|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||17|
- BILLBOARD HOT COUNTRY SONGS 1944-2008
- BILLBOARD HOT COUNTRY ALBUMS 1964-2007
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 6825." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 28, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Alabama Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alabama.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1992". RPM. December 19, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Best of 1992: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|