Born of Osiris
|Born of Osiris|
Performing in 2012.
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Website||Born of Osiris on Facebook|
|Past members||Matt Pantelis
Born of Osiris is an American deathcore band, formed in 2003 in Chicago. The group underwent several name changes, including Diminished (2003–2004), Your Heart Engraved (2004–2006), and Rosecrance (2006–2007), before finally settling on Born of Osiris in 2007, basing the name off the Egyptian deity Osiris, and the tale of his son Horus.
The group is signed to Sumerian Records and has released three full lengths and two EPs on the label. Their album, A Higher Place, reached number 73 on the Billboard 200. Their second full-length album, The Discovery, released March 22, 2011, debuted at 87 on the Billboard 200.
Born of Osiris has played at various festivals including the Summer Slaughter Tour (2008 and 2009) and the Music as a Weapon Tour 4. In 2009, they played on a co-headline tour named The Night of the Living Shred Tour with All Shall Perish, After the Burial, Caliban and Suffokate; Born of Osiris also supported Hatebreed on the Decimation of the Nation Tour 2, alongside Cannibal Corpse, Unearth and Hate Eternal. In December 2009, they asked Jason Richardson of All Shall Perish to join Born of Osiris. This began a two-year period of member stability which resulted in the writing and release of The Discovery.
September 2011, members Cameron Losch, Joe Buras, and Lee McKinney recorded and mixed the selftitled first release by Virginia band Mind's I
On December 21, 2011, Born of Osiris fired guitarist Jason Richardson without prior notice. The official press release came three weeks later. Richardson immediately joined Salt Lake City deathcore act Chelsea Grin following his departure from the band. In response to the official statement released by the band, he wrote a scathing status update on his personal Facebook page, stating that the other band members frequently abused alcohol and prescription drugs. Richardson served as a touring member within Chelsea Grin prior to him being kicked from Born of Osiris.
A video was posted showing guitarist Lee Mckinney rehearsing over a riff, which is believed to be part of a song which will feature on the next Born of Osiris release. He also had an eight string guitar built for him by the UK based company Invictus Guitars, suggesting another direction that the next release will take.
Following this, McKinney started a side project called Mechanize (originally named Mecha but the name had to be changed for legal reasons), in which he produces original electronic music and remixes other artists. David Darocha has also started his own jewelry line called D A V I. Cameron Losch, Lee McKinney and former guitarist Jason Richardson are all instructors on the music teaching website Bandhappy, which is owned by Matt Halpern, the drummer of Born of Osiris's labelmate Periphery.
On June 25, 2013, the Sumerian Records YouTube page uploaded a new Born of Osiris song entitled "M∆chine" as well as a new album titled Tomorrow We Die ∆live, which was released August 20, 2013. They toured across North America on the 2013 Rockstar Mayhem Festival.
- Current members
- Ronnie Canizaro – lead vocals (2003–present)
- Cameron Losch – drums (2003–present)
- Joe Buras – keyboards, synthesizers, vocals (2003–present)
- David Da Rocha – bass guitar (2007–present)
- Lee McKinney – guitar (2007–present)
- Past members
- Matt Pantelis – guitar (2007–2008)
- Jason Richardson – guitar (2009–2011)
- Touring members
- Tosin Abasi - guitar (2009)
- Lee Evans - guitar (2008–2009, 2012–2013)
|Year||Album||Peak chart positions|
|US Billboard 200||US Billboard Independent Albums||US Billboard Rock Albums||US Billboard Hard Rock Albums|
|2009||A Higher Place (Sumerian)||73||8||—||—|
|2011||The Discovery (Sumerian)||87||17||23||6|
|2013||Tomorrow We Die ∆live (Sumerian)||27||8||10||3|
|"—" denotes albums that did not chart.|
- Your Heart Engraved These Messages (2003) (recorded while known as Diminished)
- Youm Wara Youm (2004) (recorded while known as Your Heart Engraved)
- Rosecrance (2006) (two song demo recorded while known as Rosecrance)
- Narnia (2007)
|Title||Year||Director||From the album|
|"Open Arms to Damnation"||2008||Ori Kairy||The New Reign|
|"Now Arise"||2010||David Brodsk||A Higher Place|
|"Recreate"||2011||Andrew Pulaski||The Discovery|
|"Follow the Signs"||2012|
|"M∆chine"||2013||Tomorrow We Die ∆live|
|"Divergency"||Tomorrow We Die ∆live|
- BORN OF OSIRIS. MusicMight. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- Billboard.com A Higher Place - Born of Osiris. Billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- BORN OF OSIRIS: 'The Discovery' First-Week Sales Revealed - Mar. 30, 2011. Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- All Shall Perish to Headline the 'Night of The Living Shred Tour 2009' with Born of Osiris. SMN News. Retrieved 2012-01-06
- Decimation of the Nation 2 - Tour Dates. Metal Call Out. Retrieved 2012-01-06.
- Born Of Osiris Part With Guitarist Jason Richardson. GunShyAssassin.com. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- Born Of Osiris Part Ways With Guitarist Jason Richardson. The PRP.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Just to clarify to everyone I did NOT... - Jason Richardson". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- [dead link]
- "Mechanize". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "D A V I". Daviddarocha.com. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Born Of Osiris Influences". Inflooenz. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "The Discovery - Born of Osiris : Awards : AllMusic". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "A Higher Place - Born of Osiris". AllMusic. 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "The Discovery - Born of Osiris : Awards : AllMusic". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 23 July 2013.