Bornacoola (Irish: Barr na Cúile, meaning "the top of the corner") is an Ecclesiastical parish in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise, Ireland. It is located at the southern extremity of County Leitrim in the civil parish of Mohill. Some of its townlands lie in neighbouring County Longford. The nearest large towns are Longford (8 miles) and Carrick-on-Shannon (11 miles).
The parish is bounded by the townlands indicated below, most of which coincide with the southern parts of the civil parish of Mohill (which straddles two baronies) with a few townlands in a neighbouring civil parish to the west.
- Acres, Aghamore, Aghnahunshin, Aghnamona, Bellageeher, Cashel, Cloonboniagh North, Cloonboniagh South, Clooncarreen, Cloonclivvy, Clooncolry, Clooneagh, Cloonmorris, Cloontumpher, Cloonturk, Cornagillagh, Corracramph South, Corrascoffy, Derreen, Drumard (Jones), Drumard (Magerraun), Gortanure South, Gorteenoran or Georgia, Gortnalamph, Gubagraffy, Keelagh, Killinaker, Knockadrinan, Liscloonadea, Meelragh (Nagur), Meelragh (Saggart), Moher, Rinnagowna, Rooskynamona, Tulcon.
- In the barony of Mohill, part of the parish of Annaduff
- Aughry, Drumod, Drumod Beg, Drumod More.
- In the barony of Longford, those parts of the parish of Mohill that lie in the county of Longford
- Ahanagh, Bunanass, Clooncolligan, Cloonart North, Cloonart South, Clooneen (Beirne), Clooneen (Cox), Clooneen (Kennedy), Clooneen (Shanly), Edercloon, Tomisky.
- St. Michael's Church, Bornacoola.
- St. Joseph's Church, Cloonturk.
- Scoil Mhuire National School
- Lady Baltimore's Statue
- It is located beside Johnston's Bridge, Bornacoola. It came from Baltimore, Maryland, USA and is named after a place in Bornacoola parish (Baile an Tigh Mor- the town of the big house). The family left Ireland and settled in Maryland and because of this link the statue to Lady Baltimore was sent back to Ireland in the 1970s and erected some years later.
- Ogham Stone
- This ancient stone is located in the graveyard. It is the only one of its kind in the county.
- 12th-century church
- Also located within the grounds of the graveyard. Under the protection of the O.P.W..
- Community Centre
- Placenames Database of Ireland - Bornacoola.
- Placenames Database of Ireland - Annaduff.
- Placenames Database of Ireland - Ahanagh.
- Parish mass times
- Features of the parish