Borneo Tarakan University
|The Borneo Tarakan University|
|Established||October 9, 1999|
|Rector||Abdul Jabarsyah P.hD|
|Campus||Tarakan — Jalan Amal Lama no. 1|
|Colors||Blue, green and white|
The Borneo Tarakan University or Universitas Borneo Tarakan is a public university located in Tarakan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia. The university was founded in October 9, 1999 as a private one and had its acknowledgement on March 30, 2000 by a decree issued by Pinekindi Foundation number 011/YP/TRK/III/2000.
Founding and early history
Upon realizing that Tarakan is close to the Indonesian border with its two neighboring countries and surrounded by the rich soil and water of Borneo, the Pinekindi Foundation established Borneo Tarakan University on October 9, 1999.
Its main campus is located on Jalan Amal Lama, Tarakan.
The rector is Abdul Jabarsyah P.hD.
Schools and colleges
Borneo Tarakan University is organized into thirteen faculties, each with a different dean and organization.
- Faculty of Agribusiness
- Faculty of Agro-technology/Agronomy
- Faculty of Aquaculture
- Faculty of Economics and Development Studies
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Management of Marine Resources
- Faculty of Indonesian Language and Literature Education
- Faculty of English Language Education
- Faculty of Biology Education
- Faculty of Mathematics Education
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering