|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Borough Fen shown within Cambridgeshire
|Population||126 (2011 census)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Borough Fen is a civil parish in the City of Peterborough unitary authority in Cambridgeshire, England. The parish is to the North of Peterborough City Centre, just below the county border with Lincolnshire.
Described by John Marius Wilson in 1870 as "BOROUGH-FEN (Ville), an extra-parochial tract in Peterborough district, Northampton; 5 miles N by E of Peterborough. Acres, 3,130. Real property, £6,086. Pop., 202. Houses, 31." 
Energy Farm Plan
In March 2013 a plan was put forward for a collection of wind and solar farms in Newborough Farm (part of Borough Fen), along with nearby America Farm and Morris Fen. They were expected to cost around £200million covering 900 acres of Peterborough farmland, the council claimed they would bring in £100million over 25 years. However in 2014 due to a change in government energy tariff's and a lack of support the plan for Newborough Farm has been scrapped.
- "Borough Fen: Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics". Office For National Statistics. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- Wilson, John Marius (1870). Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Edinburgh. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- Edwards, Mark. "City council may go ahead with solar farm plan". http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/. Peterborough Telegraph. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Borough Fen Population". http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Census Data". https://neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
Media related to Borough Fen, Cambridgeshire at Wikimedia Commons
|This Cambridgeshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|