Borovo Municipality, Bulgaria
Borovo Municipality within Bulgaria and Ruse Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Borovo|
|• Total||245.3 km2 (94.7 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Borovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Борово) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Ruse Province, Central-North Bulgaria, located along the right bank of Danube river in the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Borovo.
The municipality embraces a territory of 245,3 km² with a population of 6,699 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Borovo Municipality includes the following 7 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Ekzarh Yosif||Екзарх Йосиф||594|
|Gorno Ablanovo||Горно Абланово||1,160|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (English)