Borrego Valley Airport
|Borrego Valley Airport|
|IATA: BXS – ICAO: none – FAA LID: L08|
|Owner||County of San Diego|
|Serves||Borrego Springs, California|
|Elevation AMSL||520 ft / 158 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
In 2004 the airport had 22,000 aircraft operations, average 60 per day: 99.9% general aviation and 0.1% military. 28 aircraft were then based at the airport: 64% single-engine, 7% multi-engine, 7% helicopter and 21% ultralight.
The International Aerobatic Club has a practice and competition area just north of the airport. The area was designated in 1976 and has a waiver from the Federal Aviation Administration. Aerobatic pilots from California and the southwest US regularly use it for practice and major competitive events; users have included three past national champions. Visitors are welcome to come to the airport and watch the flight activity, which does not interfere with other operations. Two annual competitions are sponsored by the San Diego Aerobatic Club, in April and October.
- FAA Airport Master Record for L08 ( PDF), effective 2008-09-25.
- Airport information for BXS at Great Circle Mapper.
- http://www.iac36.org | San Diego Aerobatic Club
- Borrego Valley Airport at County of San Diego website
- FAA Terminal Procedures for L08, effective November 13, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about a California airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|