Air Force and Anti-Aircraft Defence of Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Air Force and Anti-Air Defence Brigade
Brigada zračne snage i protivzračna odbrane
Бригада ваздушних снага и противваздушне одбране
Coat of arms of Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Role||Defending Bosnian airspace|
|Part of||Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Transport||UH-1H, Gazelle , Mi-8/17|
The Air Force and Anti-Air Defence Brigade (Bosnian: Brigada zračnih snaga i protivzračne odbrane, Croatian: Brigada zračnih snaga i protuzračne obrane, Serbian: Бригада ваздушних снага и противваздушне одбране) is a part of the Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The HQ stands in Sarajevo. The Air forces are using Sarajevo Airport, Banja Luka Airport and Tuzla Airport. The Forces are controlled by NATO and EUFOR.
The air arm has three special unit battalions and holds a NATO standard on the army.
The Air Force and Anti-Aircraft Defence Brigade of Bosnia and Herzegovina was formed when elements of the Army of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Republika Srpska Air Force were merged in 2006.
- 1st Helicopter Squadron - Sarajevo Airport
- 2nd Helicopter Squadron - Banja Luka Airport
- 3rd Helicopter Squadron - Tuzla Airport
- Air Defense Battalion
- 1st Air Defence Battalion - Sarajevo Airport
- 2nd Air Defence Battalion - Banja Luka Airport
- 3rd Air Defence Battalion - Tuzla Airport
- Early Warning and Surveillance Battalion
- Flight Support Battalion
|Bell UH-1 Iroquois||Utility helicopter||UH-1H||4-5||8 Non operational, 1 crashed on June 28, 2012.|
|9 Non operational, 1 crashed on February 10, 2012|
|Soko Gazelle||Utility helicopter||SA 341H||6||3-4 awaiting overhaul|
|Mil Mi-34||Utility helicopter||Mi-34 Hermit||1||awaiting overhaul|
|Soko G-4 Super Galeb||Advanced trainer/light attack||G-4||1||Non operational. Offered for sale to Serbia.|
|Soko J-22 Orao||Strike Fighter||J-22||7||Non operational. Offered for sale to Serbia.|
|UTVA 75||Basic trainer||Utva 75||1|
- "Bosnia breaks through ethnic divide by merging Serb, Muslim-Croat forces". Stars and Stripes. 11 January 2006. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "Bosnian crew escapes Mi-8 helicopter crash". Flightglobal.com. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Serbia eyes surplus Bosnian fighters". Flightglobal.com. 25 September 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2013.