||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
Boson Books is an independent publisher based in Raleigh, North Carolina. It was founded in 1994 by Nancy McAllister, President and Director of Acquisitions, and David McAllister, Vice President and Director of Technical Operations. The company publishes e-books and paperbacks; it also features a limited number of titles from The New South Company.
Initially, Boson Books published acclaimed contemporary writers of American Southern literature, such as Fred Chappell and Kelly Cherry, named by Virginia governor Bob McDonnell in 2011 as the state's new poet laureate. Over time, the company published more broadly, including American and international authors of fiction, non-fiction, and drama. As of 2012, the company publishes 140 titles. From the time of its founding, Boson embraced emerging technologies such as e-books and participated in academic conferences of the IEEEand SIGDOC.
Fred Chappell, poet and novelist
Kelly Cherry, poet and novelist
- "Computer Science at North Carolina State". Retrieved 3/7/12.
- "Fred Chappell to receive Caldwell Award". North Carolina Humanities Council. Retrieved 3/7/12.
- "Kelly Cherry named Virginia Poet Laureate". The Washington Post. 1/28/2011. Retrieved 3/7/12.
- Elliot, Okla. "What Kelly Cherry Knows". Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved 3/7/12.
- David F. McAllister, Steven Vivian, Nancy McAllister,. "The IEEE Society on the Social Implications of Technology". "The Impact of Digital Books upon Print Publishing," Proceedings ISTAS '02, June 2002. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Retrieved 3/7/2012.
- McAllister and McAllister. "Providing education electronically to nontraditional sites: new delivery to a new audience". Association for Computing Machinery. Retrieved 3/7/2012.
- "South Carolina Fiction Project: 2008 Winners". South Carolina Arts Commission. Retrieved 3/7/2012.
- "FMU professor's book published". Francis Marion University. Retrieved 3/07/12.
- "Leon Katz discusses the Gertrude Stein notebooks". Retrieved 3/7/12.
- Vivian, Steven. "Spoil Your Inner Child". Impact Press. Retrieved 3/07/2012.
- Vivian, Steven. "A Price We're willing to Pay". Impact Press. Retrieved 3/07/12.
- Turner, Bill. "Steve Vivian: The Per Contra interview". Per Contra. Retrieved 3/07/2012.