New Balance Indoor Grand Prix
|New Balance Indoor Grand Prix|
|Date||January or February|
|Location||Roxbury, Boston, United States|
|Event type||Track and field|
|Official site||New Balance Indoor Grand Prix|
The New Balance Indoor Grand Prix, formerly known as the Boston Indoor Games, is an annual indoor track and field meet which is held in late January or early February at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center. It was first held in Roxbury, a neighbourhood in Boston, in 1996 and has become one of the foremost events of its type in the United States, alongside the Millrose Games.
The competition is part of USA Track and Field's Visa Championship Series and attracts high caliber athletes, including Olympic and World medalists. Since its inception, a total of six world records have been set at the event. Among them are performances by Ethiopian runner Tirunesh Dibaba, who set a world indoor record over 5000 metres in 2005 and improved that mark in 2007. The Boston Indoor Games has also featured numerous national records and United States all-comers records (the best performances recorded on US soil).
The competition has had a number of title sponsors over its history, including adidas in the early 2000s and Reebok from 2005 to 2010. New Balance became the current title sponsor in 2011. The rights to the event are owned by Global Athletics & Marketing and Mark Wetmore is the meeting director.
Over the course of its history, fiveworld records have been set at the Boston Indoor Games.
|2008||Two miles||9:10.50||Meseret Defar||Ethiopia|||
|2007||5000 m||14:27.42||Tirunesh Dibaba||Ethiopia|
|2005||5000 m||14:32.93||Tirunesh Dibaba||Ethiopia|
|2000||4×800 m relay||7:13.94||Global Athletics & Marketing
|2014||4×800 m relay||7:13.11||USA All Stars
Richard Jones 1:51.01
David Torrence 1:47.46
Duane Solomon 1:47.99
Eric Sowinski 1:46.67
|60 m||7.07||Murielle Ahouré||Côte d'Ivoire||3 February 2013|||
|200 m||22.99||Muna Lee||United States||2005|
|300 m||37.07||Deedee Trotter||United States||4 February 2012|||
|400 m||51.88||Natasha Hastings||United States||2011|
|800 m||1:57.79||Jolanda Čeplak||Slovenia||2002|
|1000 m||2:35.29||Regina Jacobs||United States||6 February 2000|
|1500 m||3:59.98||Regina Jacobs||United States||2003|
|Mile||4:27.90||Lindsey Gallo||United States||2009|
|2000 m||5:41.10||Kim Conley||United States||8 February 2014|||
|3000 m||8:30.05||Meseret Defar||Ethiopia||2005|
|Two miles||9:10.50||Meseret Defar||Ethiopia||2008|||
|5000 m||14:27.42||Tirunesh Dibaba||Ethiopia||2007|
|60 m hurdles||7.85||Gail Devers||United States||2004|
|High jump||1.95 m||Chaunte Howard||United States||2006|
|Pole vault||4.88 m||Jennifer Suhr||United States||4 February 2012|||
|Long jump||6.67 m||Tori Bowie||United States||8 February 2014|||
- Willis among headliners at track event. ESPN (2011-01-03). Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- Morse, Parker (2007-01-28). Dibaba shatters her World indoor 5000m record - 14:27.42 in Boston. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- Records. New Balance Indoor Grand Prix. Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- Tulu, Dragila, Dibaba, Capel join Gebrselassie in Boston. IAAF (2004-01-08). Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- Morse, Parker (2005-01-27). Bekele to open season at tenth Boston Indoor Games - PREVIEW. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- Fast 5000s in Boston - Dibaba dominates, Lagat breaks US record. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- Goucher, Trammell Added to Boston Indoor Games Fields. New Balance Indoor Grand Prix (2009-02-03). Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- Morse, Parker (2012-02-05). Suhr scales 4.88m national record in Boston. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-02-05.
- Morse, Parker (2008-01-28). Defar runs 9:10.50 Two Miles World best in Boston. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-02-22.
- "500m Results". www.nbindoorgrandprix.com. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- David Monti (3 February 2013). "Gebrhiwet gets the plaudits, three world leads in Boston". IAAF. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Boston Indoor Games 2010 Complete Results". SAA. 6 February 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "4×800m Relay Results". www.nbindoorgrandprix.com. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "300m Dash Results". www.flashresults.com. 4 February 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- Parker Morse (5 February 2012). "Suhr scales 4.88m national record in Boston". IAAF.
- "2000m Results". www.nbindoorgrandprix.com. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Pole Vault Results". www.flashresults.com. 4 February 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "Long Jump Results". www.nbindoorgrandprix.com. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.