|— Village —|
|• Mayor||Steve Woodruff|
|• Village Administrator||Jesse Kent|
|• Total||1.25 sq mi (3.24 km2)|
|• Land||1.24 sq mi (3.21 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||1,011 ft (305 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||1,150|
|• Density||931.5/sq mi (359.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1064469|
Botkins is a village in Shelby County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,155 at the 2010 census. The village's welcome sign reads "Where the waters divide and the people unite."
Botkins is located alongside Interstate 75 at Exit 104. Botkins is at the northern edge of Shelby County, immediately south of its border with Auglaize County. It also lies at the northern edge of the 937 area code.
Botkins is located at (40.459252, -84.182793).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.25 square miles (3.24 km2), of which, 1.24 square miles (3.21 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
- Steve Woodruff - Mayor
- Jesse Kent - Village Administrator
- Teresa Featheringham - Fiscal Officer
- Ed Brown - Clerk/Treasure
- Robert Drees - Utilities Director
- Wayne T. Glass Jr. - Chief of Police
- Craig Brown, Council President
- Ashlee Zimpfer
- Nick Greve
- Doug Greve
- Steve Heuker
- Angie Meyer
- Connie Schneider - Superintendent of Schools
As of 2000 the median income for a household in the village was $52,326, and the median income for a family was $53,000. Males had a median income of $34,464 versus $23,359 for females. The per capita income for the village was $18,880. About 1.8% of families and 3.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.6% of those under age 18 and 3.2% of those age 65 or over.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,155 people, 480 households, and 315 families residing in the village. The population density was 931.5 inhabitants per square mile (359.7 /km2). There were 507 housing units at an average density of 408.9 per square mile (157.9 /km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.7% White, 0.4% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.6% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, and 1.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.7% of the population.
There were 480 households of which 30.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.1% were married couples living together, 7.9% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 34.4% were non-families. 30.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.41 and the average family size was 3.00.
The median age in the village was 37.8 years. 25.4% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 25.6% were from 25 to 44; 28.3% were from 45 to 64; and 13.2% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 49.6% male and 50.4% female.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Village of Botkins Administration. Retrieved on 2008-10-7