Boulder Valley School District
|Boulder Valley School District No. Re2|
|6500 Arapahoe Road
Boulder, Colorado 80303
|Enrollment||28,171 (fall 2006)|
|Area||Boulder, Broomfield, Erie, Eldorado Springs, Gold Hill, Jamestown, Lafayette, Louisville, Marshall, Nederland, Superior, and Ward|
The Boulder Valley School District No. Re2 is a school district in Colorado, headquartered in the BVSD Education Center in unincorporated Boulder County, near Boulder. The district serves Boulder, Gold Hill, Jamestown, Lafayette, Louisville, Nederland, Superior, and Ward. Its area also includes portions of Broomfield and Erie.
The Boulder Valley Board of Education officially appointed Bruce K. Messinger, Ph.D., the district’s current deputy superintendent, to be its new superintendent as of July 1, 2011. Messinger, 54, succeeded Dr. Chris King.
Prior to the School District Organization Act of 1957 passed by the Colorado Legislature, Boulder County was served by multiple local school districts. The consolidation of many smaller districts resulted from the Act and by 1960, Boulder County was served by two reorganized school districts. Boulder Valley School District RE-2 serves the southern half of the county; Saint Vrain Valley School District RE-1J, the northern half.
Community courses and extended day care opportunities are provided to district residents by Community Schools, an organization that uses tuition- and facility-use fees for operational expenses. It operates four programs: Lifelong Learning, which offers courses for adults and children; Kindergarten Care, which offers extended child care for kindergarten students, the School Age Program, which offers before and after school programs and summer day camps for elementary school students; and the BVSD Facility Use Program, which makes school facilities available to the public.
||This section's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (May 2014)|
- Arapahoe Ridge High School
- Boulder High School
- Boulder Prep Charter High School (web site)
- Boulder TEC
- Broomfield High School
- Centaurus High School
- Fairview High School
- Halcyon School (special education)
- Monarch High School
- Nederland Middle-Senior High School
- New Vista High School
- Peak to Peak Charter School
In 2006, $296.8 million was approved for district facility improvements by the voters of the Boulder Valley School District. There are three phases planned, with the most needed changes in the first phase. BVSD Bond Project Website
- "2006 Fall Pupil Membership By District". Colorado Department of Education. Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "Student Rights and Responsibilities Guide." Boulder Valley School District. Retrieved on October 7, 2011. "BVSD EDUCATION CENTER / 6500 Arapahoe Ave., P.O. Box 9011 / Boulder, CO 80301"
- "About BVSD." Boulder Valley School District. Retrieved on October 7, 2011.
- Bounds, Amy (2011-05-10). "Boulder Valley school board picks Bruce Messinger as new superintendent". Daily Camera. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Boulder Regional Planning Board (1958). Guide for Growth, Boulder, Colorado. OCLC 14993617.