From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up boundary in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Boundary (plural: boundaries) may refer to any meaning below, also to border.
- Boundaries of the mind, personality trait concerning the degree of separateness or connection between mental functions and processes
- Personal boundaries, guidelines, rules or limits that a person creates to identify for him- or herself what are reasonable, safe and permissible ways for other people to behave around him or her and how he or she will respond when someone steps outside those limits
- Symbolic boundaries, a theory of how people form social groups proposed by cultural sociologists
Mathematics and physics
- Boundary (topology), the closure minus the interior of a subset of a topological space; an edge in the topology of manifolds, as in the case of a 'manifold with boundary'
- Boundary value problem, a differential equation together with a set of additional restraints called the boundary conditions
- Boundary (thermodynamic), the edge of a thermodynamic system across which heat, mass, or work can flow
- Boundaries in landscape history, the divide between areas of differing land use
- Boundary (real estate), the legal boundary between units of real property
- Boundary (cricket), the edge of the playing field, or a scoring shot where the ball is hit to or beyond that point
- Boundary critique, a concept about the meaning and validity of propositions
- Boundary turbulence, a break in expectation of how private information is held within a group of knowledge owners
- Boundary Ale, a beer made by Moosehead Breweries
- Boundary, Derbyshire, a civil parish and hamlet in South Derbyshire, England
- Boundary, Leicestershire, a village in Leicestershire, England
- Boundary, Staffordshire, a village in Staffordshire, England
- Boundary Ranges, also known as the Boundary Range, a mountain range in British Columbia, Canada and Alaska, United States
- Boundary Country, a region of southern British Columbia, Canada
- Kootenay Boundary Regional District, a regional district in British Columbia
- West Kootenay-Boundary, a provincial electoral district in British Columbia
- Okanagan-Boundary, a former provincial electoral district in British Columbia
- Boundary-Similkameen, a former provincial electoral district in British Columbia
- Boundary Falls, British Columbia, also known as Boundary, a former railway town in the Boundary Country of British Columbia
- Boundary Waters, a region on the boundary between Ontario and Minnesota
- Stikine, British Columbia, called Boundary from 1930 to 1964, a former customs post on the Stikine River at the Alaska-British Columbia border
- MV Boundary, a number of ships with this name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.