|• Mayor (2001–2008)||Jean-Paul Drapier|
|• Land1||55.73 km2 (21.52 sq mi)|
|• Population2 Density||100/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||71047 / 71140|
|Elevation||202–346 m (663–1,135 ft)
(avg. 240 m or 790 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
It is a rural town on the Loire River with a walled medieval area on the dominant hill. It boasts an authentic medieval belfry, wooden frame houses and fortifications which date from 1495.
Situated in western Burgundy in the heart of ancient Gaul, the city's history spans well over 2000 years. Bourbon-Lancy is a spa town with thermal springs which have been known since Roman times.
- FPT Powertrain Technologies – a Fiat plant
- Guy H.F. – cabinet maker for the French loudspeaker manufacturer Focal S.A.
- Musée Saint Nazaire – housed in the 11th century Saint Navaire Church - artifacts from ancient & modern Bourbon-Lacy
- Medieval center – shops, restaurants and an inn
- Thermal spas
- Musée du Breuil
- Musée de la Machine Agricole Puzenat et des outils du bois
- Le Casino De Bourbon-Lancy