Bourinot's Rules of Order
Bourinot's Rules of Order is a Canadian parliamentary authority originally published in 1884 by (the younger) Sir John George Bourinot, Clerk of the Canadian House of Commons under the title A Canadian Manual on the Procedure at Meetings of Shareholders and Directors of Companies, Conventions, Societies, and Public Assemblies generally. This book cannot be termed an abridgement of the author's larger work, as it deals in considerable depth with public meetings outside and separate from the Parliament at Ottawa. The fourth, posthumous, edition of the work was given the title of the present article.
The first three printings are identical in title, text, and paging.
- 1884, first edition, 152 pages
- 1911, second reprint, 152 pages
- 1914, third reprint, 152 pages
The text of the 1918 printing was identical to the previous versions but it was re-paginated to 208 pages and the title was changed to Rules Of Order being a Canadian Manual on the Procedure at Meetings of Shareholders and Directors of Companies, Conventions, Societies and Public Assemblies Generally. This was the first printing to use Rules of Order in the title.
- 1918, fourth reprint, 208 pages
The 1924 printing has the identical text and pagination as the 4th printing, but Bourinot's name is added to the title.
- 1924, Bourinot's Rules of Order: Being a Canadian Manual on the Procedure at Meetings of Shareholders and Directors of Companies, Conventions, Societies and Public Assemblies Generally, 208 pages
Bourinot's larger work from which this was taken was published in 1884. 1892, 1903, and 1916.
- Parliamentary procedure
- Beauchesne's Parliamentary Rules and Forms
- Robert Marleau, co-editor of the 2000 edition of House of Commons Procedure and Practice
- "The Canadian Encyclopedia on Bourinot's Rules of Order". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
Stanford, Geoffrey (1995-05-08). Bourinot's Rules of Order: A Manual on the Practices and Usages of the House of Commons of Canada and on the Procedure at Public Assemblies, Including Meetings of Shareholders (4 ed.). McClelland & Stewart. ISBN 978-0-7710-8336-5.
|This Canadian politics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|