Bow Falls is a major waterfall on the Bow River, Alberta just before the junction of it and the Spray River. The falls are located near the Banff Springs Hotel and golf course on the left-hand side of River Road.
The falls are within walking distance of both Banff and the Banff Springs Hotel so they are visited by a large number of tourists despite their relatively small size.
The 1953 Marilyn Monroe film River of No Return featured the falls.
- ^ Waterfalls of the Pacific Northwest: Bow Falls
- ^ "Cruising World".
- ^ "Accidents in North American Mountaineering 2003".
- ^ "The American traveller: or, Guide through the United States. Containing brief notices of the several states, cities, principal towns, canals and rail roads, &c. With tables of distances, by stage, canal and steam boat routes. The whole alphabetically arranged, with direct reference to the accompanying map of the roads, canals, and railways of the United States".
- ^ "Indian Kāvya Literature, Volume 7".
- ^ "Cello Technique: Principles and Forms of Movement".
- ^ "Banff National Park: how nature carved its splendour".
- ^ "Frommer's British Columbia and the Canadian Rockies".
- ^ "Merchants' magazine and commercial review, Volume 39".