Bowerbirds in Philadelphia, PA
|Labels||Burly Time Records
|Past members||Mark Paulson
Bowerbirds are an American folk band formed in Raleigh, North Carolina in 2006. The group comprises Philip Moore (vocals, guitar), Beth Tacular (accordion, vocals) and Mark Paulson (violin, vocals). Allmusic writer Stewart Mason places their sound on "the dividing line between the freak folk contingent led by Devendra Banhart and Joanna Newsom and the more straightforward sunshine pop of Lavender Diamond." Their debut album, Hymns for a Dark Horse, released under Burly Time Records in 2007, received favorable reviews. Bowerbirds have toured in support of The Mountain Goats, with John Darnielle referring to the band as his "favorite new band in forever". Their second album, Upper Air, was released July 7, 2009. The band released The Clearing on March 6, 2012.
- Danger at Sea EP (2006)
- Hymns for a Dark Horse (Burly Time Records, 2007)
- Upper Air (Dead Oceans, 2009)
- The Clearing (Dead Oceans, 2012)
- Bowerbirds: Hymns for a Dark Horse | Album Reviews | Pitchfork
- Time Out New York: Bowerbirds
- Bowerbirds: Hymns for a Dark Horse Review
- Pitchfork: The Mountain Goats Announce Fall Tour
- » Bowerbirds: Hymns For a Dark Horse :: Puddlegum ::
- Last Plane to Jakarta | Home Run
- Love, Joshua (July 8, 2009). "Upper Air review". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2009-07-10.
- "Bowerbirds, The Clearing @ Dead Oceans". Dead Oceans. March 6, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|