|Location||620 Bowers Boulevard
Huntsville, Texas 77340
|Owner||Sam Houston State University|
|Operator||Sam Houston State University|
October 24, 1994
vs. Alcorn State
|Surface||Real Grass Pro artificial Surface (2007–present)|
|Opened||September 13, 1986|
|SHSU Bearkats (NCAA) (1986–present)|
Elliott T. Bowers Stadium is a 12,593-seat multi-purpose stadium in Huntsville, Texas, in the United States. The stadium has been home to the Sam Houston State University Bearkats football since 1986. Previously, the team played their homes games at Pritchett Field, which currently plays host to the University's women soccer team. The Bearkats are members in the Southland Conference. Bowers Stadium is also home to the Huntsville Hornets, the local high school team. The stadium recently added a video replay system scoreboard, an elevator leading up to the press box, and guest suites in the place of the old coach's press box section.
Bowers stadium was named in honor of Dr. Elliott T. Bowers, a former president of Sam Houston State University. The stadium is located on campus at Sam Houston State University. The address for Bowers Stadium is 620 Bowers Blvd, Huntsville, Texas.
In 2012, brand-new orange chairbacks were installed, replacing the older chairbacks previously in their place. New video graphics were designed and put in place for the video scoreboard as well.
- "Bearkat Game Notes". Sam Houston State Athletics. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- "Sam Houston State BearKats 2013 Football Media Supplement". Sam Houston State Athletics. p. 2. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "Elliot T. Bowers Stadium". Sam Houston State Athletics. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
- "Joseph Pritchett Field". Sam Houston State Athletics. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
- "Bowers Stadium elevator polices announced". Sam Houston State Athletics. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
- "Regents Approve Construction, Tuition Increase". SHSU Today@Sam. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
- "Elliott T. Bowers Stadium and Fieldhouse". Sam Houston State University. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
- "Bowers Stadium gets a face lift". Sam Houston State Athletics. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
|This article about a sports venue in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|