Bowling Green Township, Marion County, Ohio
|Bowling Green Township, Marion County, Ohio|
Former school in Bowling Green Township
Location of Bowling Green Township in Marion County
|• Total||27.6 sq mi (71.6 km2)|
|• Land||27.6 sq mi (71.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||925 ft (282 m)|
|• Density||20.6/sq mi (7.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086575|
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Montgomery Township - north
- Big Island Township - northeast
- Green Camp Township - east
- Jackson Township, Union County - south
- Washington Township, Union County - southwest
- Hale Township, Hardin County - west
- Dudley Township, Hardin County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Bowling Green Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Bowling Green Township is located in Licking County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Marion County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.