Box of Moonlight
|Box of Moonlight|
|Directed by||Tom DiCillo|
|Produced by||Thomas Bliss|
|Written by||Tom DiCillo|
|Music by||Jim Farmer
|Edited by||Camila Toniolo|
An engineer, on the way home from work at a construction site, takes a side trip for nostalgia's sake and meets an eccentric character who gives him perspective.
The hotel that Turturro's character stays at during his trip is still an actual operating hotel in Maryville, Tennessee, that is still named the 411 Motel, on Hwy 411. Many of the scenes were shot in South Knoxville near Seymour.
Most of the in-town driving scenes were filmed in East and North Knoxville, Maryville, and Alcoa. Many of the routes are not consistent.
- John Turturro - Al Fountain
- Sam Rockwell - "The Kid", aka Buck, Bucky
- Catherine Keener - Floatie Dupre
- Lisa Blount - Purlene Dupre
- Annie Corley - Deb Fountain
- Rica Martens- Doris
- Alexander Goodwin - Bob Fountain
- Dermot Mulroney - Wik
- Stuart Greer - Stinky
- Sam Gleason - Rental Car Lot Attendant (extra)
The 1998 Lions Gate release includes a "secret" commentary by Tom DiCillo that is not listed on the packaging.
|This article about a 1990s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|