Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship
Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship is a 2000 book by Joshua Harris. It is the sequel to I Kissed Dating Goodbye. In Boy Meets Girl, Harris describes his personal experiences courting the woman he eventually married. The book argues that psychological pain and trauma can result from entering an intimate relationship before one is ready, either emotionally or financially, to commit to being the other person's life partner. Margaret and Dwight Peterson wrote an essay called "God Does Not Want to Write Your Love Story" in which they criticized Boy Meets Girl, among other books. In this essay, the Petersons expressed "how different these stories of romance are from any traditionally Christian understanding of marriage." Harris has written several other books, including I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is), and Stop Dating the Church. Boy Meets Girl did not receive as much critical attention as I Kissed Dating Goodbye. Leah Andrews of the Lewiston Morning Tribune compared Boy Meets Girl to Eric and Leslie Ludy's When God Writes Your Love Story, suggesting that both texts are popular Christian books providing alternatives to dating. Andrew Dalton of the Legion of Christ wrote that he was partway through reading Anthony Bannon's Peter on the Shore when he became distracted with Boy Meets Girl. In 2000, Rebecca St. James anticipated using her song "Wait for Me" to promote Boy Meets Girl.
- Joshua Harris (2000). Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship. Sisters, Oregon: Multnomah. ISBN 1576737098.
- Laurie Goodstein (September 9, 2001). "New Christian Take on the Old Dating Ritual". The New York Times. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- David Rainey (2008). Faith Reads: A Selective Guide to Christian Nonfiction. ABC-CLIO. p. 123. ISBN 1591588472.
- Karenina Yaptinchay (January 31, 2002). "Boy meets girl, but what if they're 30 and above". Manila Standard: 24.
- D. Brent Laytham, ed. (2009). God Does Not...: Entertain, Play Matchmaker, Hurry, Demand Blood, Cure Every Illness. Brazos Press. p. 84. ISBN 1441203893.
- Waveney Ann Moore (June 9, 2007). "Tips on detecting what is true and what is false". St. Petersburg Times: 6.
- "The Man Who Ignited the Debate: An interview with I Kissed Dating Goodbye author Joshua Harris". Christianity Today. June 11, 2001. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Leah Andrews (March 31, 2002). "Relearning the dating game". Lewiston Morning Tribune: 1C.
- Andrew Dalton. "Discernment and Footwear: 5 Reasons to Test Your Call". Catholic.net. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- "Rebecca St. James - The Interview with Christian Music's Sweetheart". Crosswalk.com. November 1, 2000. Retrieved March 23, 2013.