|Origin||Sarasota, Florida, U.S.|
|Labels||3 Peace (2006–10; 2011–present)
Boyce Avenue is a Puerto Rican-American rock band formed in Sarasota, Florida, by Alejandro Manzano and his brothers Daniel and Fabian Manzano. The band is named after a combination of two streets the brothers lived on as children. As of August 9, 2011, they are no longer signed to Universal Republic and have started their own independent record label called 3 Peace Records. Boyce Avenue releases original music as well as covers of popular and classic songs on YouTube. Boyce Avenue has also collaborated with other YouTube artists such as Hannah Trigwell, Kina Grannis, Tiffany Alvord, Megan Nicole, Alex Goot, Megan & Liz, David Choi, Tyler Ward, Savannah Outen, Cobus Potgieter and DeStorm Power as well as The X Factor season two finalists Fifth Harmony and Beatrice Miller.
Boyce Avenue frequently tours in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, European Union, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
Boyce Avenue formed in 2004 when Daniel moved back to Florida after graduating from Harvard Law School. Alejandro and Fabian were both attending classes at the University of Florida. Both tried to graduate before leaving the university, but couldn't.
In 2007, Boyce Avenue began posting videos of original music and covers of popular songs on YouTube. Many of these covers have over 10,000,000 views and have been released as digital EPs by 3 Peace Records. While producing the videos for YouTube, Boyce Avenue continued to create original material for their album, All You’re Meant to Be, which was released on March 3, 2008. In January 2009, the band performed a stand-alone sold-out show in New York City at the Mercury Lounge. On October 2, 2009 WWE featured their single "Hear Me Now" in a video tribute to Eddie Guerrero on their decade of SmackDown show.
With their sights set on connecting with their online fan base, the band turned their attention to touring, playing four headlining shows in the Philippines. Shortly following this, the band began its first tour of the US.
On January 23, 2010, the band signed with Universal Republic and had a debut album, entitled All We Have Left, released on June 15, 2010. The album was produced and financed entirely by Boyce Avenue prior to being signed to Universal Republic. The album contains reworked songs from All You're Meant To Be and new songs written for the album. The album's first single, "Every Breath", was released digitally on March 16, 2010. The music video for "Every Breath" was released on March 20, 2010.
In November 2011, they released their original music video, "Dare to Believe." In December 2011 they received one million subscribers on YouTube and thanked the subscribers by posting the official music video of "Find Me", from their album All We Have Left. On April 16, 2012, Boyce Avenue released the official video for their song "Broken Angel" as a worldwide debut through Q Magazine and YouTube. The most currently released music video was "On My Way" on November 18, 2012.
Boyce Avenue plans to record a third studio album.
In 2012, Boyce Avenue worked from the American version of The X Factor as vocal coaches.
In May 14, 2013, Boyce Avenue announced that they are going to do a World Tour in Fall. The first 4 countries they visit are Canada, USA, UK and Ireland.
By the end of August 2013, Boyce Avenue hit 1 billion views and 4 million subscribers on YouTube, making them the fourth most popular band on that medium.
On August 6, 2013, they released their first live album, from their world tour, called Live in Los Angeles.
Boyce Avenue's first headline tour was in 2009. As of May 2012, Boyce Avenue has headlined 6 tours in Great Britain and Ireland, 6 tours in continental Europe, 4 tours in the USA, 3 tours in Canada, 1 tour in Australia, and have played several shows in Southeast Asia. In August 2010, Boyce Avenue performed with the Goo Goo Dolls and Switchfoot. In November 2011, the band sold out almost every single show on its European tour, including sell outs at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London, the Olympia Theatre in Dublin (the band's second time selling out that venue in its career), and the Live Music Hall in Cologne, Germany. The band's past opening acts have included Ryan Cabrera, Secondhand Serenade, Tyler Hilton, and several YouTube friends of the band's. During this tour, the Band opened the European MTV Video Awards show by appearing in front of over 20,000 fans in a square in Belfast, Northern Ireland where their performance was very well received.
Louis Tomlinson of One Direction has been a vocal fan of Boyce Avenue and in January 2012, Boyce Avenue opened for their friends One Direction during their debut "Up All Night Tour" in Great Britain & Ireland.
Beginning in June 2012, Boyce Avenue performed in its biggest headline tour to date, including stops at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, the Waterfront in Belfast, the Turbinenhalle Oberhausen, Stadtpark in Hamburg, several O2 Academy main halls throughout Great Britain (These include Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle among others) and 2 shows at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin. During June, the band will also be playing the Isle of Wight Festival in Great Britain, Parkpop Festival in the Netherlands, and the Rock am Ring and Rock im Park festivals in Germany.
- Alejandro Manzano – lead vocals, guitar, piano
- Fabian Manzano – guitar, backing vocals, keyboards
- Daniel Manzano – percussion, bass, backing vocals, violin
- Jason Burrows – drums, percussion
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|All You’re Meant to Be||—|
|All We Have Left||7|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that territory.|
- 2013: Live in Los Angeles
- 2008: Acoustic Sessions, Volume 1
- 2008: Acoustic Sessions, Volume 2
- 2009: Acoustic Sessions, Volume 3
- 2009: Acoustic Sessions, Volume 4
- 2009: Influential Sessions
- 2010: New Acoustic Sessions, Volume 1
- 2010: Cover Collaborations, Volume 1
- 2011: New Acoustic Sessions, Volume 2
- 2011: Cover Collaborations, Volume 2
- 2012: New Acoustic Sessions, Volume 3
- 2012: New Acoustic Sessions, Volume 4
- 2013: New Acoustic Sessions, Volume 5
- 2014: Cover Collaborations, Volume 3
|"Every Breath"||2010||All We Have Left|
|"Your Biggest Fan"||2013||undisclosed|
- "Boyce Avenue Touring History". boyceavenue.com. 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "Philippine Star: Boyce Avenue More Than Just A Youtube Sensation". The Philippine Star. 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2011-08-21.[dead link]
- "Manila Bulletin: Boyce Avenue having a blast in RP". Manila Bulletin. 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "Meet Boyce Avenue". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "Creative Loafing: Band of brothers: Before signing with Universal Republic, Boyce Avenue achieved world notoriety DIY-style". Blogs.creativeloafing.com. 2010-06-08. Retrieved 2011-08-21.[dead link]
- "Boyce Avenue - Find Me (Official Music Video) on iTunes - YouTube". Boyce Avenue. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Meet Boyce Avenue the DIY band with 500m YouTube views - Broken Angel video premiere". qthemusic.com. 2012-04-16. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- Boyce Avenue - On My Way (Official Music Video) on iTunes & Spotify - YouTube
- "Boyce Avenue - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-05-15.