||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
Holbrook at Sundance 2014
|Born||Robert Boyd Holbrook
1981 (age 32–33)
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
Bleu Model Management
2PM Model Management
Early life and modeling career
Since first signing with Elite Models in 2001, Boyd has worked for other agencies, such as Wilhelmina Models, Major Paris, Next, IMG, 2pm Model Management, View Management, Models1, Bleu, Friday, D'management Group, ScanElite, and Public Image Worldwide. Holbrook has been a model for such designers and labels as Gucci, Jean Paul Gaultier, Versus, Hugo Boss, Bill Blass, Calvin Klein, Moschino, Marc Jacobs, Dsquared.
Boyd and model Omahyra Mota were the subjects of photographer Ellen Von Unwerth Paris gallery exhibition "Omahyra & Boyd" and the 2005 book of that title from Exhibitions International (ISBN 2-914171-20-X).
He released a short series of poems through the website Model-Max.com, accompanied by illustrations by Jamie Strachan.
From modeling and traveling throughout Europe and Asia, he raised enough money and studied film in NYU  where he received a SCPS Certificate in 16mm Film (photography, lighting and editing writing). Boyd also audited classes at Columbia University on screen writing and film history. He has since produced five short films.
Boyd has also studied acting in William Esper Studio and completed the prestigious two year Meisner Program as well as Shane Ann Younts - Voice and Speech 2 Year Program. It was in 2007 when he sent a screenplay to director Gus Van Sant, who was impressed enough to give him the role of Denton Smith for the movie Milk. His prior acting work includes a role in the "Allison" music video for Permanent Me alongside model Tiah Eckhardt.
Boyd's other talents outside of modeling include photography, working for David Armstrong, and also sculpting, working for an established sculptor. He opened his first art show called "Iscariot" in RARE gallery in Chelsea, New York from April 19 to May 17, 2008.
|2009||The Unusuals||Punk||TV series|
|2009||The Beautiful Life: TBL||Gabriel||TV series|
|2010||Tough Trade||Jackson Tucker|
|2011||The Reunion||Douglas Cleary|
|2011||Higher Ground||Young Ethan Miller|
|2011||The Big C||Mykailo||TV series|
|2012||The Magic of Belle Isle||Luke|
|2012||Hatfields & McCoys||William "Cap" Hatfield||TV miniseries|
|2013||The Host||Kyle O'Shea|
|2013||Behind the Candelabra||Cary James||HBO film|
|2013||Out of the Furnace||Tattooed Guy|
|2013||A Walk Among the Tombstones||Completed|
|2013||The Skeleton Twins||Billy|
|2014||Very Good Girls||David Avery|
|2014||Untitled Terrence Malick project||Post-production|
|2015||Run All Night||Danny Maguire||Post-production|
|2015||Jane Got a Gun||Vic||Post-production|
- Deaton, Jarrid (February 18, 2009). "Stage Presence". The Floyd County Times (Kentucky). Retrieved March 13, 2104. "...Holbrook, 28..."
- Maresca, Rachel. "Elizabeth Olsen engaged to boyfriend Boyd Holbrook: report". New York Daily News. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- An Evening of Scenes - Boyd Holbrook
- McFadden, William, ed. (Undated). "Omahyra & Boyd". Ellen Von Unwerth (retrospective site). Archived from the original on February 21, 2006.
- "Kamel Mennour Presents Ellen Von Unwerth: Hot things - digital prints". Parisiana.com. Undated. Archived from the original on August 14, 2005.
- Model-Max.com Interview - Boyd Holbrook
- Slash Interview with Boyd & Omahyra
- He Magazine Interview with Boyd Holbrook
- Boyd Holbrook Resume
- I-D Magazine - Boyd Holbrook Interview
- Permanent Me - "Allison" music video feat. Boyd Holbrook
- RARE gallery show - Iscariot by Boyd Holbrook
- D'Zurilla, Christie (13 March 2014). "Elizabeth Olsen reportedly engaged to fellow actor Boyd Holbrook". L.A. Times.