Boyertown viewed from atop Cannon Hill
|Elevation||407 ft (124.1 m)|
|Area||2.0 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|- land||2.0 km2 (1 sq mi)|
|- water||0.0 km2 (0 sq mi)|
|Density||2,011.5 / km2 (5,209.8 / sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Boyertown is located along the southeastern border of Berks County. It is bordered on the north, west, and south by Colebrookdale Township; to the southeast it is bordered by Douglass Township in Montgomery County.
Pennsylvania Route 73 (Philadelphia Avenue) is the main east-west road through the borough. It leads east-southeast to Schwenksville and eventually northern Philadelphia. To the northwest it leads to Blandon north of Reading. Pennsylvania Route 562 (Reading Avenue) leads west to Reading proper. Pennsylvania Route 100 bypasses the borough just outside its eastern border, leading north to Macungie near Allentown and south into Pottstown.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,940 people, 1,805 households, and 1,025 families residing in the borough. The population density was 4,941.7 people per square mile (1,901.6/km²). There were 1,885 housing units at an average density of 2,364.2 per square mile (909.8/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 98.83% White, 0.20% African American, 0.03% Native American, 0.36% Asian, 0.13% from other races, and 0.46% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.74% of the population.
There were 1,805 households out of which 24.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.4% were married couples living together, 8.5% had a female householder, and 43.2% were non-families. 37.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 19.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.17 and the average family size was 2.87.
In the borough the population was spread out with 21.1% under the age of 18, 7.5% from 18 to 24, 29.2% from 25 to 44, 21.0% from 45 to 64, and 21.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 92.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.7 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $39,232, and the median income for a family was $52,943. Males had a median income of $33,783 versus $26,507 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $21,194. About 3.6% of families and 6.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.6% of those under age 18 and 7.5% of those age 65 or over.
- Steve Burns (born 1973), former Blue's Clues host, actor, musician
- Elaine Irwin Mellencamp (born 1970), former Victoria's Secret model, ex-wife of rock musician John Mellencamp
- John M. Schealer (1920–2008), author of numerous science fiction books for children
- Mark Soper (born 1959), actor
- Carl Spaatz (1891–1974), Army general during World War II
The borough is served by the Boyertown Area School District.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Boyertown borough, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.