From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Bernard Decaux (PS)|
|• Land1||14.56 km2 (5.62 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||1,600/km2 (4,100/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||91103 / 91220|
|Elevation||41–97 m (135–318 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Inhabitants of Brétigny-sur-Orge are known as Brétignolais.
Notable Brétignolais include:
- Cédric Collet, footballer, was born in Brétigny. He has played for the Guadeloupe national football team.
- Cédric Baseya, footballer, was born in Brétigny. He has played for Le Havre AC and some English clubs, but is now a free agent.
- Media related to Brétigny-sur-Orge at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (French)
- Mérimée database - Cultural heritage (French)
- Land use (IAURIF) (English)
|This Essonne geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|