|Type||Public (OMX: HART B)|
|Key people||Michael Rohde Pedersen, CEO
Agnete Raaschou-Nielsen, Chairman
Claus Frees Sørensen, CFO
|Products||Egg Packaging, Industrial Packaging, Machinery and Equipment|
|Revenue||1,483 million DKK (2010)|
|Operating income||73 million DKK (2010)|
|Net income||50 million DKK (2010)|
Brødrene Hartmann A/S is a Danish public corporation which specializes in moulded-fibre packaging with two core areas of business: egg packaging and industrial packaging. Hartmann is headquartered in Denmark but owns and operates divisions in North America and throughout Europe.
In addition to manufacturing moulded-fibre packaging products, Hartmann also develops and sells equipment and parts for the manufacturing of fibre packaging through its 'Hartmann Technology' division. This equipment is built for Hartmann's own plants and is also licensed out for use by other companies.
More than 90% of production is sold outside Denmark.
Brødrene Hartmann A/S was founded in 1917 by Louis, Carl, and Gunnar Hartmann. The three brothers inherited their father's paper bag plant, located in Lyngby, Denmark. By 1936, Brødrene Hartmann was producing moulded-fibre packaging products in Denmark.
Now Hartmann is an international company with plants in 7 countries - 6 in Europe and one in North America and sales offices in more than ten countries.
Board of Directors
- Walther V. Paulsen, Vice Chairman
- Steen Parsholt
- Niels Hermansen
- Jørn Mørkeberg Nielsen
- Niels Christian Petersen, Employee Representative
- Jan Peter Antonisen, Employee Representative
- Callenbach, Ernest, et al. EcoManagement: The Elmwood Guide to Ecological Auditing and Sustainable Business. San Francisco, California: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 1993.
- foodproductiondaily.com. Cascades sells egg carton business. Decision News Media SAS, July 9, 2002.