July 28, 1984 |
Edmonton, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||224 lb (102 kg; 16 st 0 lb)|
San Jose Sharks
Bradley Michael Staubitz (born July 28, 1984) is a Canadian ice hockey forward who is currently an Unrestricted Free Agent. He most recently played for the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League (AHL) whilst under contract to the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Undrafted, Staubitz signed as a free agent with the San Jose Sharks to a three-year entry level contract on September 18, 2005. Staubitz made his NHL debut for the Sharks during the 2008–09 season and recorded a fighting major on his first career shift against the Anaheim Ducks on October 17, 2008. On February 18, 2009, Staubitz was recalled from the AHL's Worcester Sharks.
He played in 47 games for San Jose in 2009–10 recording a career high 6 points. On June 21, 2010 he was traded to the Minnesota Wild for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He was then signed to a two-year contract by the Wild on June 22.
Staubitz was put on waivers on February 10, 2012. He cleared waivers the next day, and was assigned to the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League, the Wild's minor league affiliate. On February 27, 2012, the Montreal Canadiens claimed Staubitz off re-entry waivers.
On July 1, 2012 he signed a two-year contract with the Anaheim Ducks.
On November 16, 2013 Staubitz was traded by the Ducks along with Peter Holland to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Jesse Blacker and two 2014 NHL Entry Draft picks. He was immediately re-assigned to their minor league team, the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League.
- Staubitz was born in Edmonton, Alberta, but raised in Sarnia, Ontario.
- He played his junior career as a defenceman and was converted to the wing at the pro level.
|2001–02||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||45||0||3||3||46||3||0||0||0||2|
|2002–03||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||55||2||6||8||116||4||0||0||0||7|
|2003–04||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||66||6||18||24||140||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||40||2||11||13||101||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||San Jose Sharks||NHL||35||1||2||3||76||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||San Jose Sharks||NHL||47||3||3||6||110||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Giguere shuts down Sharks, helps Ducks win first game of season". CBS Sports. 2010-06-21. Retrieved 2008-10-17.
- "Sharks recall Staubitz, assign Joslin to AHL". SportingNews. 2009-02-18. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- "Wild acquires Brad Staubitz from the Sharks". Minnesota Wild. 2010-06-21. Retrieved 2010-06-21.
- "Wild sign newly acquired Staubitz to two-year deal". Minnesota Star Tribune. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2010-06-22.[dead link]
- NHL.com (2011-09-26). "Wild's Staubitz suspended for remainder of preseason and three regular-season games". NHL. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- Pelissero, Tom (2012-02-11). "Wild forward Brad Staubitz clears waivers, reassigned to Houston". ESPN. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "Ducks, Maple Leafs deal". American Hockey League. 2013-11-16. Retrieved 2013-11-16.