Brad Stone (journalist)
Brad Stone at the 2013 Texas Book Festival
|Known for||The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon|
Brad Stone (born c. 1971) is an American journalist and the author of the books, Gearheads: the Turbulent Rise of Robotic Sports (2003) and The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon (2013).
Career and life
Brad Stone is a senior writer for Bloomberg Businessweek, based in Bloomberg's San Francisco bureau. He has written many cover stories on leading technology companies, including Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Amazon. Previously, he was a reporter for the New York Times and Newsweek magazine. Stone is a frequent guest on Bloomberg West, a daily show focused on technology.
Stone was raised in suburban Cleveland, Ohio and lives in San Francisco. Stone is a twin, and he has a set of twins as well. He is an alumnus of the University School (1989) and Columbia University (1993).
In 2003, Simon & Schuster published his first book, Gearheads: The Turbulent Rise of Robotic Sports, about the combat robot culture.
Awards and honors
- 2013 Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award, winner for The Everything Store
- Stone, Brad (2013). The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon. New York: Little Brown and Co. ISBN 9780316219266. OCLC 856249407.
- "Brad Stone". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Scott Forstall, the Sorcerer's Apprentice at Apple". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. 2011-10-12. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Inside Google's Secret Lab". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. 2013-05-22. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg Makes Operations Personal - Liz Gannes - Social". AllThingsD. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- "Twitter, the Startup That Wouldn't Die". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- With Douglas MacMillan (2013-08-01). "Can Marissa Mayer Save Yahoo?". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- Bishop, Todd (2013-10-26). "Amazon: Burning the book business or making it better?". GeekWire. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- Stone, Brad. "Brad Stone - The New York Times". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- Web of Risks
- "Does Bill Gates Miss Being an Operator? - Bing Videos". Bing.com. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- Stone, Brad (2007-08-06). "'Fake Steve' Blogger Comes Clean". The New York Times.
- The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs
- With Carol Matlack (2012-06-28). "The Talented M. Despallières". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- Andrew Hill (September 18, 2013). "Finalists that are worthy of a bruising debate". Financial Times. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- Andrew Hill (November 18, 2013). "Account of Jeff Bezos and Amazon wins Business Book of the Year". Financial Times. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|