Bradford Anderson in 2010
|Born||Bradford William Anderson
September 21, 1979
Meredith, New Hampshire, United States
|Spouse(s)||Kiera Anderson (2010–present; 1 child)|
|Children||Juna Meredith Anderson|
Bradford William Anderson (born September 21, 1979) is an American actor best known for his role as the young hacker criminal Damian Millhouse Spinelli (a.k.a. The Jackal), on the television soap opera General Hospital, a part which he originated in November 2006 and has continued to play until the present, on both General Hospital and the Summer 2007 spin-off General Hospital: Night Shift.
Anderson is a native of Meredith, New Hampshire, the son of Bill Anderson and Noni Smith. His mother, who worked at local theater companies, encouraged both him and his sister Jennifer to get involved in acting. Anderson's first experience was at the age of 6, playing Tiny Tim in a professional production by the Laconia Street Car Company of "A Christmas Carol". He also worked at Mames Restaurant for a few summers. The owner, John Cook, has commented that he, "Always knew Brad was going places." As a junior at Inter-Lakes High School, he landed a part in a local production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which involved his spending time at a Summer Theater camp with many much older actors. He decided he liked the life, and began studying drama in earnest. Anderson graduated in 1998, and was voted in the high school yearbook as "Best singer", "Most dramatic", and "Most likely to succeed." He attended the Tisch School of Performing Arts at New York University, and while with the Philadelphia Theater Company, won an award as Best Supporting Actor for his role as Billy in Edward Albee's The Goat...Or Who Is Sylvia?
In mid-2005, he moved to Los Angeles, where he obtained a recurring part on Veronica Mars and began performing in other television shows as well. In September 2006, General Hospital put out a casting call for a "college-aged kid" who was a cross between Seth Green and Spicoli, a character played by Sean Penn in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Anderson won the part, and the character, chattering a rapid-fire mix of surfer lingo and internet slang, has offered an interesting element to the show, and has been called "one of the quirkiest characters daytime has ever seen." The role was initially just meant to be played on a recurring basis, but the character proved so popular that Anderson was offered a multi-year contract, which was signed in May 2007. His image was added to the opening credits sequence on July 6, 2007.
He hosted his own web show for SOAPNET called "camera ready"
Bradford also recently appeared in a commercial for Dunkin' Donuts Sobe Coolatta
Bradford has done some work with charities including the Manchester Animal Shelter in his home state of New Hampshire. He also returned to his hometown Meredith, to give a speech at Inter-Lakes High School's graduation for the class of '08.
He is in a band with his General Hospital costars called Port Chuck.
He married Kiera Anderson in April 2010. On July 18, 2011, Kiera, gave birth to a daughter, Juna Meredith Anderson.
- Daytime Emmy Award Nomination for Best Supporting Actor, 2010
- Daytime Emmy Award Nomination for Best Supporting Actor, 2009
- Barrymore Award Nomination for Best Supporting Actor, 2004
- Castle (2014) - Dwight Carruthers
- NCIS: Los Angeles (2013) - Val Winkler
- General Hospital (2006–2013) - Damien Spinelli
- Perception (2012)- Shane Flannery
- General Hospital: Night Shift (2007) - Damien Spinelli
- What About Brian (2006) - Doctor
- Veronica Mars (2005;2006) - Ryan
- Ed (2007) - Nerd #1
- American Pie Presents: Beta House (2007) - Jake Parker
- Carts (2007) - Ed
- Kissing Cousins (2007) - Justin
- The Goat...Or Who Is Sylvia, as Billy
- Babes in Arms, as Valentine
- She Loves Me, as Arpad
- William Faulkner's "Blood of the Bear"
- per Anderson, on Soapcruise, 1/29/10
- Kelli M. Larson, "A different kind of hero", ABC Soaps in Depth, May 22, 2007
- Profile at general-hospital-online.com
- Making the Rounds at General Hospital - Up From the Ashes
- ABC Soaps, March 27, 2007, p. 37
- "General Hospital - Comings & Goings". soaps.com. Retrieved 2007-06-05.
- YouTube - Nu General Hospital Opening 7/6/07!!!!!!
- TV Guide September 10-17, 2012 pg. 68.
- Theatre Alliance of Greater Philadelphia :: 2004 Barrymore Awards for Excellence in Theatre :: Nominees and Award Recipients
- Lifestyle - Silver Chips Online
- Bradford Anderson at the Internet Movie Database
- General Hospital cast list
- Bradford Interview: Bradford Teases Storyline Plot
- "Hunting for Faulkner" review
- "Blood of the Bear" review, Show Business Weekly
- Review of "The Goat"
- "Local actor makes the grade: Meredith native Bradford Anderson lands recurring role on daytime soap", January 28, 2007, Foster's Daily Democrat
- "Soap stars to visit campus", February 22, 2007, Alligator Online
- "Making the Rounds at General Hospital", February 26, 2007, Blogcritics Magazine
- Bradford Anderson on Myspace
- TV.com bio