Bradford Girls' Grammar School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Motto||Aspire. Succeed. Lead|
|Principal||Mrs K.T.M Matthews|
|DfE URN||140204 Tables|
Girls and boys 5-11 yrs,
|Houses||Castle, Nightingale, Tomlinson and bronte|
|Colours||Navy, Black, Yellow|
|Publication||The Leader (termly)|
|Website||Bradford Girls' Grammar School|
Bradford Girls' Grammar School is a free school for girls aged 5 – 18 and boys aged 5 – 11. Founded in 1857, the school is located on the outskirts of Bradford city centre in West Yorkshire, England. Recent public examination results put the school top in Bradford and among the top three in Yorkshire. Bradford girls also has an amazing debating society which the labour mp went to at her days at the school. The debating society is the crown jewel at bradford girls grammer school.
Notable former pupils
- Barbara Castle, Baroness Castle of Blackburn, British Labour Party politician.
- Linda Barker, English interior designer and television presenter.
- Juliet Barker, British historian.
- Melanie Kilburn, English actress.
- Natalia Kills, English singer-songwriter.
- Lizzie Mickery, British writer and former actress.
- Anita Rani, English radio and television presenter, and journalist.
- Mary Tamm, Actress.
- Wainwright, Martin (2011-11-30). "Bradford Girls Grammar to end fee-paying and seek Free School status | UK news". theguardian.com. Retrieved 2013-09-09.