Bradford R. Boss Arena
|Brad Boss Arena|
|Location||Kingston, Rhode Island|
|Owner||University of Rhode Island|
|Surface||200' x 85'|
|Broke ground||August 9, 2001|
|Opened||September 15, 2002|
|Construction cost||$12 million|
|Architect||Symmes Maini & McKee Associates|
|Project manager||Brailsford & Dunlavey; Gilbane Building Company|
|University of Rhode Island Rams (ice hockey)
Rhode Island Kingfish (Lacrosse)
The Bradford R. Boss Arena is an 2,500-seat ice arena on the campus of The University of Rhode Island located in Kingston, Rhode Island. The ice arena is named in honor of Bradford R. Boss, one of the founders of the URI men’s hockey club in 1951, member of the URI class of 1955, and member of URI Athletic Hall of Fame.
The facility is home to the University of Rhode Island Rams men's and women's ice hockey teams. The men's team competes at the ACHA Division I level in the Eastern States Collegiate Hockey League; while the women's team competes at ACHA Women's Division I level. It is also used for local high school ice hockey, local youth hockey and figure skating clubs and organizations, public ice skating, and for intramural sports.
- "URIs No. 1 hockey fan first to skate at Bradford R. Boss Arena dedication today". Uri.edu. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "A.F. Lusi Construction management contractor Rhode Island design build AF ri". Lusiconstruction.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Brailsford & Dunlavey: Program Management Firm". Programmanagers.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Gilbane Inc., a real estate development and construction company". Gilbaneco.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Boss Arena dedicated". Advance.uri.edu. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
|This article about a university or college in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports venue in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|