Bradley Beach School District
|Bradley Beach School District|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Wayne W. Turner|
|Business Administrator:||David Tonzola|
|Address:||515 Brinley Avenue
Bradley Beach, NJ 07720
|Enrollment:||252 (as of 2007-08)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||26.0|
|District Factor Group:||CD|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||2,079||53||1,462||42.2%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||69,205||63||54,453|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with 0-400 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=68
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For public school students in grades 9-12, the school district maintains a sending/receiving relationship on a full-time basis with Asbury Park High School. A lottery system for entry into the Neptune High School and an application program with Red Bank Regional High School or any of the schools in the Monmouth County Vocational School District is also an option for students.
Students may also attend Academy Charter High School, located in Lake Como, which serves residents of Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Deal, Interlaken and Lake Como, and accepts students on a lottery basis.
Bradley Beach School served an enrollment of 252 students in the 2007-08 school year. The professional staff includes 40 Certified Teachers, six paraprofessionals, a Business Administrator, an Assistant Principal, and a Superintendent / Principal.
- Dr. Wayne W. Turner, Principal / Superintendent
- David Tonzola, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Bradley Beach School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Mullen, Shannon; Shields, Nancy; and Matheson, Kathy. "Crime, school solutions costly as city seeks rebirth", Asbury Park Press, January 27, 2005. Accessed September 3, 2007. "Academy Charter, now in its seventh year, is free to students in Asbury Park and the seven nearby towns that are sending districts for Asbury Park High School: Allenhurst, Avon, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Deal, Interlaken and Lake Como, formerly South Belmar."
- Academy Charter High School 2007 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 12, 2008.
- Data for the Bradley Beach Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 9, 2009.
- Board Members, Bradley Beach School District. Accessed July 20, 2008.
- Monmouth County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Bradley Beach Elementary School
- Bradley Beach Elementary School's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Bradley Beach Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics