||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
Bradley James filming Merlin in April 2010.
11 October 1983 |
Exeter, Devon, England
Bradley James (born 11 October 1983) is an English actor from Exeter, Devon. He made his television debut in the ITV series Lewis in 2008 and is best known for portraying King Arthur (previously Prince Arthur) in the BBC television program Merlin.
Bradley James was born in Exeter, Devon. He and his family then moved to Jacksonville, Florida when he was nine years old. During his time there, he attended Crown Point Elementary School and then Fletcher Middle School before attending Madeley High School in Madeley, England.
In August 2014 James took part in the 'Ice Bucket Challenge' to raise money for charity.
He trained at the Drama Centre London. His breakthrough came when he was chosen to play Prince Arthur, who later becomes the legendary King Arthur, in the BBC One fantasy TV series Merlin. Merlin has been a consistent hit series in the U.S.; its first series was shown on the broadcast network NBC and its second, third, fourth, and fifth series on NBC's affiliate cable network Syfy. Merlin ended its 5-year run on BBC One.
|2008||Lewis||Jack Roth||Episode: "Music to Die For"|
|2008–2012||Merlin||Arthur Pendragon||5 series (Main Role)|
|2009||Merlin: Secrets and Magic||Self||Documentary 14 episodes|
|2009||The Real Merlin and Arthur||Self||TV Documentary co-starring Colin Morgan|
|2014||Homeland||JG Edgars||TV Series - Season 4|
- "Bradley James and Colin Morgan interviewed on Jonathan Ross BBC Radio 2 show". 19 September 2009. "Jonathan Ross: Bradley was born in 83. Bradley James: Yeah."
- "Syfy's 'Merlin' star has Jacksonville connections".
- "Team Merlin v Eastenders". Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Bradley James IMDB". Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Merlin to cast final spell as creators reveal that current series will be the last". 26 November 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "The Real Merlin and Arthur". BBC. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Bradley James Credited w/Role in ‘Homeland’ Season 4". 18 June 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
|This article about a British television actor or actress born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|