|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008)|
Entrance to Braehead Arena
|Operator||Capital Shopping Centres|
|Capacity||5,200 (ice hockey 4,000)|
|Braehead Clan (EIHL) (2010-present)
Paisley Pirates (SNL) (2007-present)
Glasgow Rocks (BBL) (2002-2008)
Scottish Eagles (BISL) (2002-2003)
The Braehead Arena is a multi-purpose arena in Renfrewshire, Scotland. The arena was built in 1999, and is located within the Braehead Complex. The Arena was formerly the home of the Scottish Eagles ice hockey club and is now the home to the expansion Braehead Clan ice hockey team of the Elite Ice Hockey League.
Past & current events
The arena is currently home to two ice hockey teams, Braehead Clan and Braehead Pirates. It has also hosted a variety of local sporting events and concerts. It was also the host for the 2000 World Curling Championships.
- The professional wrestling company WWE have used the arena many times for their UK tours, and more recently their rival company TNA have utilised the arena.
- From 2002-2008 Braehead Arena was home to Scotland's only professional basketball team, the Scottish Rocks. The team has since relocated to the Kelvin Hall International Sports Arena and rebranded itself as the Glasgow Rocks.
- As well as sporting events the arena regularly is host to many entertainment events such as The Singing Kettle, Bratz and Playhouse Disney Live. The arena has also specialised in Ice Shows with both Dancing on Ice and the High School Musical:ICE SHOW having been held at the Arena.
- The arena are regular host to the Fantazia and Coloursfest Raves (not actual raves) as it attracts audiences of approximately 7,000 clubbers.
- The arena also played host to Great Britain's home Davis Cup Mens Tennis Tie against Ukraine in March 2009.
- Series 6 of the Scottish X Factor auditions was held here.
- 2009 Scottish Masters Cup
- 2007-2009 Collector's Convention Collectormania
- The Jocky Wilson Cup took place in December 2009.
- Deadmau5, Calvin Harris and Magnetic Man will be playing live on the 17th of December and the event will be covered by BBC Radio 1.
- Tiesto played here on September 25, 2010
- Scottish boxing super featherweight world champion Ricky Burns will make his first defence of his world title on 4 December 2010.
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship plan to hold their first event in Scotland, UFC Fight Night 25, at this arena sometime in May 2011.