|Full name||Ibrahim Hemdani|
|Date of birth||15 March 1978|
|Place of birth||Colombes, France|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Hemdani started his career with Cannes, where he spent two seasons. He later transferred to RC Strasbourg, spending three seasons with the club. He then joined Marseille, which he helped reach the UEFA Cup final in 2004.
Hemdani then joined Rangers on 14 June 2005 on a Bosman transfer and signed a four-year contract. He suffered from injury problems during his first season, waiting until late October to make his debut against Dundee United. Hemdani was a regular in the side from then on and helped the club reach the last 16 of the Champions League for the first time in their history. The season ended with the side finishing third in the league and trophyless. The following summer, Paul Le Guen took over as manager and Hemdani began the 2006–07 season in midfield but was moved to the centre of defence.
Hemdani scored his first goal for Rangers midway through that season, a shot from outside the box to equalise in the 88th minute of an Old Firm game on 17 December 2006. His second goal came in similar circumstances in a UEFA Cup match in March 2007, against CA Osasuna, scoring to equalise in injury time.
On 16 April 2007, Hemdani was named Rangers Player of the Year at an award ceremony, voted for by the club's fans. He made his 100th appearance for Rangers on 13 March 2008 in a UEFA Cup match against Werder Bremen, the club went on to reach the final that season, which Hemdani played the full 90 minutes of. However, this turned out to be his last match for Rangers as the 2008-09 season saw Hemdani frozen out of the first team. He left on 1 June 2009 having made a total of 108 appearances and scoring twice.
Hemdani declined the chance to be included as part of the Algeria national squad on several occasions in the past. However, in February 2008 he had a change of heart and decided to play for Algeria. Hemdani made his Algerian debut in a 2010 World Cup qualifier against Senegal on 31 May 2008.
- Scottish League Cup : 2008
- Scottish Cup : 2008
- Scottish first-tier League Championships : 2009
- UEFA Cup Final Runners up : 2007–08
- "Rangers clinch deal for Hemdani". BBC Sport website. 14 June 2005.
- "Dundee Utd 0-0 Rangers". BBC Sport website. 16 October 2005.
- "Rangers 1-1 Celtic". BBC Sport. 17 December 2006.
- "Rangers 1-1 Osasuna". BBC Sport. 8 March 2007.
- "Hemdani Named Player Of The Year". Rangers official website. 16 April 2007.
- "W Bremen 1-0 Rangers (agg 1-2)". BBC Sport. 13 March 2008.
- "Weir poised for new Rangers deal". BBC Sport. 1 June 2009.
- "Players reject Algeria". BBC Sport website. 16 August 2004.
- "Brahim Hemdani Has World Cup Dream With Algeria". Daily Record. 8 February 2008.
- "Senegal 1-0 Algeria" BBC Sport website (31 May 200)8