The words Brahm and Brahman and similar have various meanings:
 Indian religions
The Sanskrit terms Brahman, Brahma, both from a root brh "to grow, increase", are used in various meanings (depending on the Vedic accent and grammatical gender). See Brahman#Semantics and pronunciation for more details:
- Brahman (bráhman, literally "growth", also "pious utterance, prayer", bráhma n.) is the Hindu idea of the formless transcendental immanent Divine, often in English called "the Brahman".
- Brahma (bráhma m.) is the Creator God, one of the trinity: Brahma, Vishnu, and Maheswara (Siva).
- Brahman(a) (brahmán, also sometimes "brahmin" not to be confused with bráhman above) is a Vedic Sanskrit word for "priest": see Vedic priest. One is called or known as Brahman for knowing Brahman or Vishnu of vedanta-sutra. According to Vedas, holy name of Vishnu is so powerful that one (even outcaste or meat-eater as in ISKCON) can become brahman (dvija, twice-born, by qualification if he actually knows vedanta and Brahman, Vishnu) by accepting initiation from bona-fide spiritual master (like A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada).
- A Brahmin, derived from the Sanskrit masculine noun (brāhmaṇaħ), is a person belonging to the Brahmins, the priestly caste among the four varnas.
- The Brahmanas, derived from the Sanskrit neuter noun (brāhmaṇaṃ), are important Hindu canonical texts that are part of each of the Vedas.
 Places and languages
- Brahman languages are a hypothetical Trans–New Guinea family of languages spoken in Madang Province in Papua New Guinea
- Brahman, Papua New Guinea
- Brahm (surname)
- Boston Brahmin, a term often used to refer to the oldest families in Boston in Massachusetts, USA
 Other uses
- Brahma (beer), a Brazilian brand of beer
- Brahma (chicken) a breed of chicken
- "Brahma" (poem), a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Brahmaeidae, also known as "Brahmin moths", a family of insects
- Brahman (band), a Japanese indie rock band
- Brahman (cattle) is a breed of cattle descended from the Bos indicus
- Brahmin (fictional cattle) is a two headed breed of cattle found in the Fallout series of games
- The Brahminy Kite is a species of bird
- Texas Brahmas, an American professional ice hockey team
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.