|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Shaheen Lakhan, Editor and Co-Founder
Ray McIntyre, Former Editor and Co-Founder
|Owner||Global Neuroscience Initiative Foundation|
|Slogan(s)||Topics from multidimensional biopsychosocial perspectives|
|Type of site||Blog, Online Magazine, News|
Brain Blogger is an award winning Scientific American partner biomedical blog sponsored by the Global Neuroscience Initiative Foundation (GNIF) and edited by Dr. Shaheen Lakhan. Its byline is "topics from multidimensional biopsychosocial perspectives." It reviews the latest news and stories related to neuroscience, psychiatry, and neurology.
According to its website, the blog is written by over 60 biomedical professionals—from neurosurgeons to psychologists—and follows the Health On the Net Foundation honor code of medical blogging ethics. It is syndicated by Google News and major media outlets, including Time Warner, San Antonio Express News, and Sun-Times News Group.
Brain Blogger ranks in the Healthcare 100 "world's top blogs on health and medicine" and Wikio's health ranking for "the most influential blogs in the blogosphere". It is a finalist for two Seed Media Group's Research Blogging Awards 2010 in the categories "Best Blog — Neuroscience" and "Best Blog — Psychology". Moreover, it ranks first in Blogs.com's "10 Best Brain Blogs".
- "About Us - Ranks, Awards & Honors". Brain Blogger. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "People's HealthBlogger Awards 2008". Wellsphere. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Grohol, John. "Thinking Blogger Award and Our Top Five Thinking Blogs". PsychCentral. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Scientific American Partner Network Directory". Scientific American. Retrieved 2010-03-13.[dead link]
- "About Us". Brain Blogger. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "site:brainblogger.com". Google News. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "The Genetics of Alcoholism". Road Runner. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "When It Comes to Aging, Size Matters". mysanantonio.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Neuro Case 1 – Using Transcranial Doppler for Basilar Artery Occlusion". The Beacon News. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "eDrugSearch.com's Healthcare 100 – Ranking the world’s top blogs and bloggers in health and medicine". edrugsearch.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Top Blogs - Health". Wikio. 2010-03-13.
- "Awards - Research Blogging". Seed Media Group. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Doman, Alex. "10 Best Brain Blogs". Blogs.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.